Hard Drive

rickyy33

I have an acer lap top that the hard drive crashed in it, was wondering if anyone on here knows how to replace it if i buy a new one and how much they would charge? I am not technology savy at all lol, thanks for the help!

Yeah, it's easy to do. You could do it yourself, or I could help you if you want. PM me if you're interested.

Meatface

I'm a cert tech. And I buy wholesale I'll get you a price. What size hard drive you need? It's easy to do but you just have to install your windows and whatever else you want on the drive

$50 - $100 for the Hard drive, no more than $100 thats high..

Then whatever someone wants to charge you... Takes about 30-45 minutes to install and setup...

http://www.summitdirect.com in niagara falls, this is the place to buy parts... they might even do the work for you at a resonable price....

**just an estimate...

cplummer - sounds like your best option...

I would put it together for free but you would be waiting a week. Leaving for up north soon. And depending on the hard drive anywhere from 50-100 and gaming 300-600 dollars I have 4 years of building gaming computers.

$130 is not a bad price... you'll just be without the laptop, for awhile depending if you are shipping it or droping it off some where..

The guys on here sound like your best bet, probably the cheapest and quickest..

doesn't really matter about time, its been broke for a year now, didn't think to just put new hard drive in it, was more worried about what's on the old one (baby pics n vids never backed up, ooops), And I'm not a gamer at all so... when I get home tonight I'll post what i got and go from there thanks guys

Summit direct could possibly take your crashed Hard Drive and get the old stuff off of it for you...

or if someone you know has the software/hardware to do that, then maybe they could..

Just because the Hard Drive crashed doesn't mean your done yet... there are ways of getting your old info back... but always ask for a price first.. it can become pricey depending... on alot of things

but you basic recovery is not expensive..

Here is what i can get

Western Digital Scorpio Blue 250GB (WD2500BPVT) Notebook Hard Drive

250GB SATA 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" 3.0Gb/s Internal - (OEM)

thats from wintronics..$ 60 .. stay away from those high priced stores..

summit direct scares me with their pricing lol

Or i can sell you a whole lap top (refirbished by me) for 150

theres a shop Niagara Electronics on McLeod Road. they dont charge much for recovery and charge 50 to redo windows and updates. just make sure u buy the hard drive somewhere else

stick with cplummer, he seems to know, and can get you the best deals.. retail stores will over charge you for the work.. its really not that hard for a computer guy to do this.. just a couple of disks and a few clicks.. most of the work is the waiting :)

Archived