Kayak Fishing Buddy Wanted

bassaddict

If you ever give up the weak overgrown sunfish there's some great salmonid fishing at your doorstep. Been hitting rainbows, coho's & chinook out of the canoe by the Shell Pier all season.

Sometime this week I'm going to hit up the area by Center For Inland Waters and try for some sheepshead along the piers. The marina's around Hamilton Bay have alot of bass this year, but a ton of weeds, but I don't fish the green trout much.

If you haven't found Yakfisher.Net yet, there's usually a few hookups every weekend.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I am in Burlington and I have just purchased a Nucanoe Frontier, and in the process of setting it up. Still need to buy the trolling motor.

Are you happy with your 30lb thrust motor. My boat is quite heavy and i am worried that it will need a bigger motor. I see there is a 55lb very short shaft motor for sale in the usa.

I will be looking to start fishing this season as soon as its warm enough.

Any suggestions as to where to start off. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

GrumpyT

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

I am in Burlington and I have just purchased a Nucanoe Frontier, and in the process of setting it up. Still need to buy the trolling motor.

Are you happy with your 30lb thrust motor. My boat is quite heavy and i am worried that it will need a bigger motor. I see there is a 55lb very short shaft motor for sale in the usa.

I will be looking to start fishing this season as soon as its warm enough.

Any suggestions as to where to start off. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

GrumpyT

Just curious what you thought of the Nucanoe? It was on my short list of kayaks I am looking to buy.

Archived