Binbrook Conservation Area?

YakFisher

I'm heading to lake niapenco tomorrow. Curios of what I should expect. I've seen a few things about water contamination online, has it affected fish populations?

I also saw that the lake is a strict catch and release fishery to help strengthen the population. Is that another red flag I should worry about? Thanks for any help

I've done some reading on it myself. Here is an article from June of this year http://www.thespec.c...d-city-resevoir. From all the articles I have read you couldn't get me to eat anything out of that place. Should be fun fishing it though. Have a good time!

http://media.mmgdailies.topscms.com/images/e3/d7/4141973a402f9d8c45b8b492fee8.jpg

if you find 1 crappie you will find 1000 of them the average size crappie is roughly 8-10 inches and upwards to 2 pounds and lots of smallies and largies. in every year class

its a great place to take kids if you are bringing kids. they wont be bored. i live walking distance from there and we have lots of fun but catch and release is in your best intrest as of now. pike and walleye are there also but good luuck with that as i have only ever caught 1 walleye and maybe 15 pike in the 12 years i have lived here. but when you catch them they are BIG! and a pleasent surprise.

hope this helps a bit. pm me for a spot or 2.

So I had plenty of quantity. Fished from 8-8 and caught 5 bass on my spinning rod, then 5 more bass and 5 crappie on the fly rod with an inch long,black streamer.

It was funny, I found a fallen branch about 12feet from shore, so I started casting at it and went 3 for 3 on the first pass, then a couple hours later, I hit it again and caught the rest.

Like I said, plenty of quantity, but the quality wasn't there. Didn't catch anything bigger than a pound and a half.

Not a bad day on the water though. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Archived