The Glen - No Tresspassing At Pebbly Beach?

blairwelsh

Hey Guys and Gals,

I saw this question posted on My GTA FORUM and was wondering if you can clarify.

I plan on getting down in the next few weeks.

Hey guys.

I just got word that Pebbly beach in the glen is now posted as trespassing.

Anyone have any news on this?

If so, it is a sad sad day.

I don't see how they could enforce something like that, its a public trail.

PLEASE SAY IT AINT SO! ....

Not that I've heard of . Friend of mine was there yesterday and didn't mention it when he called me after... probably just guys that took the hydro rd to the trail have noticed the new security gate at the top. I imagine access can still be achieved by hiking for it =D

ill talk to OPG tomorrow at work, currently doing the drilling and blasting on the road that is fenced off leading down into the Glen. It could be a temporary shut down due to the drilling and such just above pebbly. Its such a tease to stare at the river all day, watching the americans fish and i am stuck working lol. on the plus side, i got a first hand view of the water clarity as to not waste a hike down there LOL.

ill talk to OPG tomorrow at work, currently doing the drilling and blasting on the road that is fenced off leading down into the Glen. It could be a temporary shut down due to the drilling and such just above pebbly. Its such a tease to stare at the river all day, watching the americans fish and i am stuck working lol. on the plus side, i got a first hand view of the water clarity as to not waste a hike down there LOL.

Hey, another driller. Mind if I ask what company you work for? I do geotechnical and environmental drilling based out of Oakville, but work all over the GTA and southern Ont..

You can PM me, if you don't want to mess up the thread.

Pacific Drilling and Blasting, they are out of Vancouver BC. i talked to one guy at OPG today, and he said it could because of dangerous rock fall hazards. there have been quite a few very large rock falls down in the glen this year, hence the fence we are currently drilling for along the OPG access road to Beck 1 and 2. section 1 above the "pebbly" is a 500 kilajoule fence, and the other sections part 2 and 3 are 1000 kilajoule rated. also security told me there have been quite a few people who get "lost" or "too lazy" to walk back to the metal stair case and just walk up the access road. but the access road is blocked by a fence and barb wire and security is forced to call Parks Police. so the signs are a there for a few reasons, trespassers to OPG and to protect the general public from rock fall hazards.

I think people probably stay down there until you cant see your hand in front of your face...then like you say, have no idea how to even find the stairs and start the trek upward. Either that or they are too intoxicated...lol. I would think...and I have never been down there other than to the pool, that a good flashlight of some sort would be a must. Knowing the area where it is from the steel stairs it could be very dark without one.

so are these signs just temporary or fixed? Will they be removed when the fenced is fixed into place

in my opinion this sucks , it is 1 of the best strches of river to fish. maybe when the fence is afixed and there is no danger of falling rocks we should pass a petition around. just my 2 cents.

780270-crybaby_large.jpg

If there are no trespassing signs due to dangers and hazards (falling rocks, insane currents, etc) ... THERE SHOULD BE! A fish is not worth a life ... unless its a sturgeon ... that is a whole different story.

There are dangers due to currents and falling rocks all through the gorge. Its one of the warnings the parks commission puts on its signs.

The no trespassing signs are just another example of the opg trying to cover their asses in case of an accident and lawsuit.

I don't agree with it, I think its bureaucratic bull crap, but I understand why they are doing it.

Sign's are there to stay and to ensure that you pay a fine when they catch you trespassing. Soon you will see a fence.

If your going to post something like this....please for the sake of an all out war, post your source of information. If you dont have a source for the information and simply making your opinion known....please make sure you clarify it as that.

Guest live2fish85

Your spelling and grammar is atrocious.

Good thing this is a fishing forum and not a grammar and spelling forum. Shouldn't judge people for there grammar and spelling some people lack in that but make up for in common sense or something else. I am sure he probabaly would have the common sense to not drift down the niagara river with a anchor hanging in the water.

The fence was just my two cents... So everyone just calm down. I have paid my trespassing fines for fishing Niagara waters since I was 16.

Just what I thought.....your thoughts only, and nothing material to it. Word was givin by someone who is working there that this is likely temporary while work is being performed.

No sense to post something that is just your 2 cents, unless you state that in your post. Maybe someone with the correct information on the Glen, could post the real reasons and put rest to speculations.

Archived