Down In Port Last Night

Helron

Son and I were down in port last night, got a couple of nice hits thinking they were browns. Could not set the hook quick enough, shredded my roe bags. While fishing heard a huge splash and looked down towards the bridge and a young guy had fallen into the water. Although at the time I laughed, then thinking about it later realized how quick something like that can happen. Lucky he was not on the other side where the current is much stronger, be careful down there!

oh yeah the gong show is starting. on the weekend we watched a boat guy and a shore guy snag the same fish in the tail and argue with colorful language over who should cut their line. time to go the niagara river, at least people wont be casting over my line there.

Port Dalhousie can be a dangerous place.. lots of current.. I would never want to fall in there.. People die down there all the time...

Ha....you think so Toaster? The other night I was at the Niagara River with a couple of my buddies. I was drift fishing on the large rock beside the boat launch and my cousin was on the dock attached to the boat launch also drift fishing. This idiot shows up, sets up in between us (5ft from my cousin) flashes his spoon and starts casting. Then, 5 minutes later another buddy of his shows up to do the same thing right beside him. These 2 could care less what everyone else is doing, not even try to synchronize with our casts to avoid snagging....they just come down and moved in. I don't mind someone moving in close, but you cannot move in-between 2 guys doing the drift to cast spoons....it's going to ensure know one will fish.

The whole time I'm thinking, my god I'm way too nice because even after we got caught up 3 times, I didn't say anything. I just packed my stuff up and moved down river to get away from them. I don't go fishing to argue with strangers, I go for peace and quiet! I know one thing, if that dumb ass did that on a sunday morning with all the regulars down there....he wouldn't make it back to his car alive!

There is plenty of water for everyone. Respect the regs, respect your surroundings and don't forget to respect each other out there guys...even during the salmon and trout runs.

oh yeah the gong show is starting. on the weekend we watched a boat guy and a shore guy snag the same fish in the tail and argue with colorful language over who should cut their line. time to go the niagara river, at least people wont be casting over my line there.

Archived