Fly Tying At Fish And Game Club Starting Thursday

sooner

Hey everyone, just a heads up for all who are interested.

St. Catharines Fish and Game Club is starting fly tying on Thursday October 18 at 6:30. This is a fun night out for those wanting to learn/tie flies with a group of beginners to intermediate fly tyers. This will take place every thursday night at 6:30 till spring time.

This is a free event and a really good night out with the guys and some gals.

Where is the fish and game club?

I wouldn't mind driving down to learn a few things. I havebbeen tying for a while now but I would like to learn more and chat.

the fish and game club is beside the boat ramp in port dolhousie

Hey Sooner

Can I come next week ?? I got plans for tonite, also I have no supplies or vice do I buy off u rent, use,or go out and get my own stuff ? Also just what to target walleys bucktail jigs, and LEARN some new stuff

Thanks

Hey Sooner

Can I come next week ?? I got plans for tonite, also I have no supplies or vice do I buy off u rent, use,or go out and get my own stuff ? Also just what to target walleys bucktail jigs, and LEARN some new stuff

Thanks

It's actually Jerry from the fish and game club holding the event. I'm just trying to get a few more people out. Jerry was trying to make it so that there was extra vices and supplies for people to use. However, I don't know how he is making out with that but will find out tonight. You can also buy a starter kit from one of the local shops if your interested. We generally talk as a group from week to week and decide what we would like to do as far as tying. This is a really good night out.

It's actually Jerry from the fish and game club holding the event. I'm just trying to get a few more people out. Jerry was trying to make it so that there was extra vices and supplies for people to use. However, I don't know how he is making out with that but will find out tonight. You can also buy a starter kit from one of the local shops if your interested. We generally talk as a group from week to week and decide what we would like to do as far as tying. This is a really good night out.

sorry...yes you can come next week.

Joe still comming out to this event? He asked me to do instruction a few years ago just want to know if he still goes?

we cut the event short last year because there was a schedule conflict and no one could make it on the other suggested day. I don't know who all is coming from before but will find out for sure tonight and let you know.

Joe still comming out to this event? He asked me to do instruction a few years ago just want to know if he still goes?

Joe was there last night

There will be fly tying at the St. Catharines fish and game again tomorrow night (thursday) at 6:30. We will be tying the stone fly. As always its free to come out and everyone is welcome (no membership required).

Due to the time frame from when I get home from work and traffic, its going to be hard for me to make it there....I really would have like to come, but Im just too far away with the time start. What would be cool though...is if you could post a few pictures of what you tye each week. Im interested in seeing the finished product and the materials you used.

Just a thought...if you feel like doing that.

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

These are some of the images from fly tying at St. Cats fish and game thursday...as you will see there is a good mix of rookies to expert...Sal is one of the expert tyers in the group. (his is the green stonefly)

I will try to post pics each week I am there. Hopefully this will entice some fly or even non fly fisherman to come out.

Thanks for sharing the pictures sooner. Always good to see what things look like. Do you have any pics of the zonkers you guys tied last week? I tried a few at home watching a youtube video.

Thanks for sharing the pictures sooner. Always good to see what things look like. Do you have any pics of the zonkers you guys tied last week? I tried a few at home watching a youtube video.

unfortunately I could not make it last week as I was on afternoons and this is the first time I have taken my camera. I will be sure to take it every week and keep posting pics for everyone to enjoy.

unfortunately I could not make it last week as I was on afternoons and this is the first time I have taken my camera. I will be sure to take it every week and keep posting pics for everyone to enjoy.

That would be great if you could....people like to see that sort of thing...thanks for taking the time to do that. Like you say, you never know...it might interest people to come out chit chat and learn a few things.

Great bunch of Pics!

Novice to Seasoned.

I dont Fly fish .... but love to know everything about catching fish:

Great to Pay close attention to the "reasoning/ experience/ information " in these creations.

Can be applied to all forms of setups and presentations

I've gained tons of knowledge from Fly Guys

Thanks

Great bunch of Pics!

Novice to Seasoned.

I dont Fly fish .... but love to know everything about catching fish:

Great to Pay close attention to the "reasoning/ experience/ information " in these creations.

Can be applied to all forms of setups and presentations

I've gained tons of knowledge from Fly Guys

Thanks

yay :) hes back!

What are the second and third ones in the above pictures? Have you guys done any clousers yet?

2nd and third are just guys messing around and coming up with something off top of head...we have not done clousers yet but there has been talk of it in weeks to come.

Sooner you total boss. Thanks for spreading the word about this.

Dan from fly tying.

P.S I had some trout CRUSSHHHH some jigs i dressed with marabou in the niagara today. Simple pattern to tie...but the color was what mattered. I outfished Hansen with it..thats a first for me. :D

Archived