My Tree Stand Was Vandalized!

ninepointer

This weekend I discovered that one of my northern Ontario treestands was senselessly vandalized :angry:

The suspect is described as:

-black

-short hair

-unshaven

-stocky build

-weight: 350-375 lbs.

-height: approx. 36 inches at the shoulder ;)

TreeStand1.jpg

That same booger ripped a few trail cameras off the tree earlier this summer. It's bad enough that he (or she) puts nose prints or drool (yuck) all over the lens. This character has no appreciation of the time and effort we put into making everything just right to maximize our enjoyment of the hunt. A friend had such a bad time with this nefarious character that he welded nails (sharp point out) on the trail camera case. Now he can sit back and chortle as he watches the camera video and the booger's reaction to a paw and/or nose full of spikes.

Au contrare. I love bears. I love to hunt them. I love to shoot them. I love to butcher them. An I especially love to eat them. There is always the element of danger when hunting them. Especially when you have to leave the stand with only a bow in hand and the realization that you have to walk back to the truck or boat in the dark through bush where some dummy has put out bait and attractant scent to bring the toothy critters to the immediate area. And of course, there is always the thrill of knowing that the small bear or the sow with cubs or the large bear you didn't get a shot and have just seen is out there in the dark waiting. I love bears (at least that's what I keep telling myself when I jump at every little noise on the way out).

Archived