Anyone Use A Speyco Reel?

Dogman

I'm looking for a new reel for my switch rod. I've been looking at Bauer Rogue Classics and CFX Spey, Abel, Tibor and even a Loop. Someone recommended a Spey co. Reel (http://www.speyco.net/). I have never heard of them, but they look impressive. I haven't used a click & pawl drag setup so I don't know how they would compare to a carbon fiber or Rulon drag. Anyone have experience with these or something like them? Input is appreciated.

I don't know this brand, but it looks good. My own 2 hander spey rod wears a Pfleuger Trion, and I love it. Its just the ticket on East Coast salmon rivers. It will stand up to anything you're likely to hook in fresh water, at least around here.

hello there...I have the 4" symmetry skagit. I love the click and pawl over the drag since you have to use your fingers on the backplate for your own drag. The clicker is loud and proud and is fairly tight. With big fish though you do have to use your other hand to control the reel. Its a lot like palming a float reel. Speyco reels rock by the way and when you have a fish on...everyone will know...;). Tim is a great guy, who owns the company. Got a chance to fish and hang out with him for a few days in the Soo this summer. Backs up his product 100%. would recommend them to anybody!!

craig

I also own one of these reels, same model as craiger... love it, very well made reel. A little different than most other fly/spey reels I've had, it doesn't have an exposed rim so if you are into palming the reel you need to use your fingers on the back plate instead of on the rim, a little different but I'm ok with that. Tim is a great guy, and I am proud to own something made with passion and not on a line overseas.

Archived