Found At The Side Of The Road

jackz905

who knows, could have been someone else other than the person who hit it. Spotted it in the ditch and wanted the antlers. The coyotes will be there soon for dinner.

Whats wrong with taking the antlers? The deer doesn't need them any more. Antlers can be used for many things, knife handles, coat hangers and the list goes on. Why do you think people search for sheds?

I dont understand the issue ... someone hit the deer ... took the antlers ... same person or not ... what does it matter unless the deer was intentionally hit for the antlers

most often times, little critters, mice rats and such will make a quick disappearance of deer antler. the marrow in the bone is very good for small mammals and keeping their teeth small.

exactly, deer/moose antlers are a source of calcium and minerals for most rodents, this is why if you want sheds you do it early spring before the mice get active

its not a big issue i just thought it was intresting someone would take the time to saw off the antlers because i thought they were useless except for dog chew toys and knife handles

I live right beside the QEW in Forterie & have stopped at a roadkill & took the antlers in a clean manner.1 set used as a rattle & another set my retriever loved!! If you were the guy i seen midday cutting the whole head off on the side of the road that might have been a much for bypassers!

Sorry Blair, I have always enjoyed your post's in the past but I can't share your humour with the Tom Green thing. He is a sick puppy. My .02 ............................Boog

Sorry Blair, I have always enjoyed your post's in the past but I can't share your humour with the Tom Green thing. He is a sick puppy. My .02 ............................Boog

No worries......

I found his Movie (Freddie Got Fingered) the most HORRIBLE of all time! lol

When I used to live in Ottawa, thats when his little Rogers Cable Show was on.

Thought he was weird and out there... but enjoyed some of his stuff.

He can definately .... take it over the limits of decorum.

For this particular post, it was the first thing that came to my mind .... (the clip) when i saw the dead dear.

Bad taste ..... difference of opinions.

Nothing personal.

Thanks for the point of view ... I have no doubt that many share that on the clip.

Archived