Stolen Kayak

inwook80

hey guys.

sry to say but my 13 foot long wilderness fishing kayak got stolen last night from my back yard....

>.<

I did made a report to the cops and hope they can catch the guy.

It's Wilderness 13f fishing kayak. green color with orange loomis sticker on the side.

+ had fish finder in it. there are few other markings I made to identify.

hope no one buys that kayak since its stolen.

thx for reading guys.

That really sucks, where abouts was it stolen from?

I had a red canoe at my dads house on Martindale Pond about 4 or 5 years ago now, not as nice as your kayak but it still drives you crazy when someone steals your property.

Would love to come across it one of these days along with the thief.

This should be in the main forum ... keep everyone aware ... there is the chance of someone thinking they found a good deal on kijiji or craigslist... but I doubt there is much street value on the kayak ... hopefully you get it back. Post a picture of it, chances are the thief is dumb enough to use it locally.

Also I would post that on any local kayaking boards (if they exist) ....

I leave my Legend with a 50 four-stroke unattended on Rice Lake and was considering hiding a GPS tracker in it just in case someone decides to steal it.

My bro-in-law had his 50 Merc. 4 str. stolen from his 16' Legend boat during the night . The theives spotted it from the QEW near Ft. Erie and used the boat cover to drag the motor through some dry swampy brush to get it to their truck .....never seen it again .

Madam.....I hope you find your kayak soon in good condition .....

A friend of mine had his new transport rig stolen last year, the police recovered it in less than a day thanks to the GPS tracking device he had installed. Insurance companies should give a break in their rates to anyone who installs a tracking device, but I doubt they do.

FYI for anything you own it is a good idea to do a video or photo record of your stuff. Walk around the house and take an overall photo of say the stereo equipment then individual photos of the serial numbers if any. Put it all in word document with a description of features and either store it on a disc or in a thumb drive for insurance purposes. Don't just leave it on the computer because if it is stolen you are sol. Store the record off site so you have it in case of a fire.

This is equally important for your outdoors equipment - boats and motors, kayaks and canoes, guns, hunting equipment, fishing equipment including open tackle boxes and estimate of numbers of lures. You will be shocked at the amount of money sitting there. At the same time it is a good idea to have dollars estimates for replacement value. You need to make sure you have sufficient contents insurance in case of a total loss. Photographic equipment can be expensive to replace.

Check with your insurance company. A lot of them have rules about what will be covered. If you leave say a boat or kayak out in the back yard you may have to prove due diligence in theft proofing it, i.e. trailer locks, chains and padlocks. You can get riders for loss or damage when you are using an item away from the home....of course if they can they will charge for it but it's a lot cheaper than replacing it out of your own pocket.

Flood insurance is something that is often not covered in a normal policy...an act of god. Not good when expensive equipment is lost or damaged when the basement floods from whatever cause.

thx for all the info's guys.

well I did call the cops on tuesday.... still havn't got back from them yet... no wonder...

my insurance company are going to cover $2000.00 but my deduction is $1000.00 -_- after 2 yrs of increase it is going to be almost same amount -_-.

This kayak is my extra kayak that I just bought this summer so I dont even have any picture of it... but luckly I still had the receipt.

I am just hoping no one buys this kayak and be in trouble later. that's all.

but really. thank you all for kind info and care!!!!

wow thats a big deductable, I had my O/B stolen during a thunderstorm, the back of the boat is literally 2 feet from my side entrance, got a new motor less $500 deductable.

also had extra money to buy the FATTEST motor lock I could find LOL

Archived