Martindale Ice

sooner

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was out there last night only testing the ice thickness... Auged a couple of holes and it was about 4" thick.

Agreed! Couple more days n it should be fine if we keep up with this awesome weather. I didn't check the back Bays though... There's probably more there.

I fished the back end today ....very slow bite & the ice is about 4" WHERE THE GUYS ARE FISHING ! Don't go out to the middle . I spud checked it today & it quickly dropped to 1" because the center of the pond is affected by the current from Richardsons Creek . Don't try to come in from Henley Island , very thin ice all along the island ,also because of the 12 Mile currents . As I was leaving I saw 2 guys walking toward the island ....hope they turned back in time .......

Note ....I found a hand ice auger cover at the top of the hill and also an ice hut screw peg.... if anyone is looking for them pm me .

A buddy of mine was out there a Thursday said it was 4" where he was the second hole he started was 1" so he didn't bother with it. But there is some safe ice out there just got to make sure

I fished Rennie P. today with Bassmaster12 & caught a few small perch & lost the best one at the top of the hole . There was about 10 others out there and one hut which was gettng into the risky area near the current . They would have moved in if the ice was not safe I'm sure . It was nice to see other members from NFN out there today . Madam joined us later in the afternoon and soon after he launched a minnow down the hatch he hooked a nice 24" fatty pike . It gave him a nice scrap and added some great excitement to our day . WTG madam !

SAM_2307.JPG

Congrats...I will be hitting the backside tomorrow was well

Congrats...I will be hitting the backside tomorrow was well

Nice was out there yesterday and lost one pike....no need to get to worried there is a ton of ice....watched kids skate all the way down the rowing course..no kidding....i thought one of them would have went through for sure but they all returned dry...thank goodness

Archived