Martindale Ice

sooner

I'd imagine there would be fish holding out around that old lock with the structure there but rarely ever see anyone ice fishing that side usually a hole drilled in the open is the standard

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody try the Beacon marina or Jordon harbour, use to get a few outa those areas, Jordon harbour was good for not only Jumbo, but a sweet crappie bite in the bay beside Campbells marina. I havn't got the transportation now to go out check those spots, but I pulled alot of fish through the ice in Jordon

Anybody try the Beacon marina or Jordon harbour, use to get a few outa those areas, Jordon harbour was good for not only Jumbo, but a sweet crappie bite in the bay beside Campbells marina. I havn't got the transportation now to go out check those spots, but I pulled alot of fish through the ice in Jordon

A buddy of mine works nearby and has gotten into some pike through the ice there as well.

I have a trip to Jordan Harbour on my wish list Dude , thanks for reminding me . We caught some of the biggest jumbos there a looooong time ago , but now the silt has made the bay only 3' deep under the ice where we caught them . All of our spots to enter the pond are closed off now. The conservation (Campbells) are closed until the spring & that would be ideal to park but they won't open it until then .

The Beacon marina can be wiped out with a NW wind blowing in the the lake & bust up the ice fast . I would rather fish from the docks if they are still there for the winter when the ice is ??? . Please give us our winters back Mr.Suzuki ..... <_<

Very few spots in Jordan Hrbr have depth. The bay beside Campbells avg is 1 1/2 -3 depending on lake levels. Many of the pad flats, where we would get lots of big cats, are down to 1' depth. Sedimentation has progressed considerably over the past 10-15 years.

Anyone going thursday?

Yep! going to try it out Thursday morning for a few hours if it's good. If i go I need to hit up the nearby tackle store first.

Out in back bay today. Got 5 perch and a bluegill only two were any size. Ice is 4 to 5 inches

We were out there all afternoon near the point . Real slow bite today , only a couple of perch and yes a good 5" of solid ice.

Went to the back bay this morning,found it pretty slow. Lost 3 at the hole and caught a little smallmouth and 1 crappie. I was marking fish and getting light hits but they were tight lipped. Oh well,was a nice morning to get out and try out the new hut

We were going to try there last saturday but the ice was unsafe I heard someone had a hut out their yesterday and today but not too sure on the thickness of ice as for the actual harbour it doesn't look very frozen.

Drive by Jordan harbour everyday on the way in to the falls, have not yet seen safe ice or people out on the ice, lots of pressure rips but no open water as of yet, although with the last snow fall who's to say. When I see anyone out i will re-post but it can change quickly!

martindale was very slow today...had more luck at the end of my fishing day when I stopped by a bunch of holes that were freezing over and dropped a line.

The deepest hole is off the henley island bridge, marked over 30 feet there, dont try it ice fishing though, theres alot off current there. Im sure theres a few good fish in those depths but there are definitely better spots.

the spot i know of is not there but ya thts the second deepest spot i have found!

the spot i know of is not there but ya thts the second deepest spot i have found!

Rob....that hole was there 50 years ago , but it has silted over......only 4' deep there now .....ahah . When they open up the new canoe/yak launch , I'll be checking out the bottom thoroughly for those deep holes . I'll buy you a coffee if you show me where the deepest hole is located ......or send me the gps cooridnates .....if & when I get a gps, lol

And the fishing was great. Definitely a nice day to be out. Bigugli some of the guys were still catching decent fish from your spot well into the evening. Good mix of species over there.

Yeah it was a great day caught way to many bluegill

Wish I could have stayrd out longer, but can't be leaving the wife alone for that long. At least for as long as her wing is in a sling

Archived