Sign in to follow this  
hammercarp

Holy Moly

thats a hawg for sure.. reminds me of "dottie the bass" buddy fished pretty much everyday, every possible second he was fishing for it, he foul hooked it but it weights 25.10. it ended up being hit by a prob and was killed. heres a vid

see now they just gotta cross breed a fish that has the mentality and aggressiveness of a bass, and the size and thickness of a carp, that would be crazy seeing a 30+ smacking poppers and doing acrobats

As soon as the GOBIES get in the 10lb+ range ....

We are all in for a SHOW!

LOL

Pound for Pound ... "IF" sunfish got bigger, I think they would be the ultimate killers.

I dont know how many times, I have had one of those little - yet AGGRESSIVE KILLERS on my line and thought it was bigger.

As soon as the GOBIES get in the 10lb+ range ....

We are all in for a SHOW!

LOL

Pound for Pound ... "IF" sunfish got bigger, I think they would be the ultimate killers.

I dont know how many times, I have had one of those little - yet AGGRESSIVE KILLERS on my line and thought it was bigger.

iv had some sunfish and gills fight great, i had some gills in pigeon lake that bend the crap out of my pike rod, they usually are about the size of my hand and thick, i think your pretty right about that

see now they just gotta cross breed a fish that has the mentality and aggressiveness of a bass, and the size and thickness of a carp, that would be crazy seeing a 30+ smacking poppers and doing acrobats

That would be called marlin.

I assume it's safe to say that bass is prego ? I also think it wouldn't be able to scrap too long with that belly full of eggs or fries ........

Huge bass!

Any story behind it?

I believe the story is pretty well explain If you get a chance to look at the video posted in the thread.

Would be nice to see one I those lunkers around these parts.

That would be called marlin.

Nah Marlins are much bigger than that. A 30 pound jack or redfish would fill that bill. Or any bonefish.

Head out towards Pickering to the power plant. You could catch fish like that all day. Some even have 3,4, 5 eyes and glow at night;) beauty hog!! Love to hook into that with a 5 wt and popper

Edited by Slimfisher

I wonder what the guy from that videos doing now... Go that long with a goal to have it taken away like that.. gotta be rough

How those guys know she didn't die from snagging her and keeping her outta the water to weigh and video tape lol, seem pretty happy to see the world record die!