How's Your 3 Way Experience

GoWithTheFloat

Another "Old School" method is to use an ordinary swivel instead of a 3-way. Hardley ever do I get tangled up :)

bottom_bouncer_zps01b21ab3.jpg

i like that.im gona give that a go.your right, i cant see that getting tangled.do you tie the sinker to the tag end off the mainline.i think i would tie a seperate one and it looks like that in the diagram.just being sure

realistically you are right, the swivel however is there to get rid of line twist and ensure of a natural presentation, knots on the other hand, im more then confident in my knots and if they break off i deserve it,

i think smerch did you method when he forgot to bring his 3 ways, he just formed a loop in his main line and tied his lure line from that, he did well too! if it works for you then keep it up:)

cant stand line twist.like you said with the 3way and confidence in knots.i got through some heavy battles with salmon and trout using 3ways and barrel swivels to elimate line twist.im confident in my knots

Another "Old School" method is to use an ordinary swivel instead of a 3-way. Hardley ever do I get tangled up :)

bottom_bouncer_zps01b21ab3.jpg

This is similar to how I tie except I use another swivel on my dropper and just slide the line through, the dropper weight can slide up and down my main line. I still have to keep the knots trimmed well, the advantage I think is the fish picks up the roe bag and won't imediately feel the weight. It gives a couple of extra seconds to set the hook.

Archived