Any Car Guys Here?

jordanl

I would say its chrysler and reliability dont belong on in the same sentence... but we seem to have a few proud dodge owners, so Ill play nice :P

Most vehicles , if maintained well and not driven hard will last a long time .

CndFG......my 1990 van has a 5.7 V/8 with TBI . For a very large vehicle that is NOT very wind dynamic (BOX) lol ,......it gets 20 mpg on the highway at 110 kms/hr . If I want to stay in the fast lane ay 130 km I will lose 5-6 km per gal . .....as most vehicles do .

Have to agree. Get someone with a code reader to save U money & agravation. Seen all kinds of stuff cause this problem from a simple leaking vaccumm hose to a bad intake manifolf gasket. U can check all hoses includining the air intake from the breather . Could be as simple as a spring clamp on a hose not put back in place causing air to bypass the MAP sensor. Had tis after having timing belt replaced at a dealer ship and I found the clamp was left half way down the hose doing didley squat. Wheen it finaly set the code I found it.

really eh? iv been told from car people in my family that jeeps are pretty reliable and they keep there value pretty well, im considering trading my 02 mazda for a 95 jeep wrangler,

My advice is if you want a jeep, never buy one that has mudders or lift. if it has that its been beaten. no one lifts a truck or jeep and doesnt go mudding

My advice is if you want a jeep, never buy one that has mudders or lift. if it has that its been beaten. no one lifts a truck or jeep and doesnt go mudding

very true, i wouldnt mind just a daily commute jeep, but i know if i get one i will be taking it in the bush a few times, the one im currently looking at is all stock except for after stock bumpers that double as a push bar, sadly though, its a automatic, and i was realllly hoping to get a standard

It is definitely your temperature sensor as a the car is reading that the engine is cold ad going into a cold idle rev which is why it goes to 1000rpm if you shut the car off at that point does it have trouble starting again? If so give it a few minutes and try it again. But I am familiar with this issue on Mazda and Hyundai vehicles

It is definitely your temperature sensor as a the car is reading that the engine is cold ad going into a cold idle rev which is why it goes to 1000rpm if you shut the car off at that point does it have trouble starting again? If so give it a few minutes and try it again. But I am familiar with this issue on Mazda and Hyundai vehicles

when i start it up and turn it off and turn it back on its starts up no problem wether its still cold or warmed up, the problems temporarily fixed right now and will do the job till i can have someone look at it better

well i tinkered around under the hood and its ideling fine now, sitting at about .7-.8 rpms now when warmed up ad about 1.5rpms when just started, i have power finally when i pull away so its better, no idle jumps

Sounds like defenatly a lose vaccumm hose or connection causing the problem. Might be wise to nip the ends of the hoses back a bit and reinstale and reclamp if U have enough lenth. Check you're battery ground strap also.

• 3 weeks later...

couple weeks late, I know....but if you haven't fixed it, the air intake tube from the airbox to the engine is very prone to cracking/splitting, will cause this exact symptom....you can check it in five minutes and fix it with duct tape if needed :)

couple weeks late, I know....but if you haven't fixed it, the air intake tube from the airbox to the engine is very prone to cracking/splitting, will cause this exact symptom....you can check it in five minutes and fix it with duct tape if needed :)

hahaha, thats actually what fixed it, my grandpa just ripped the tube right off and duct taped it real well, it idles fine now and gives me some time to go fine a used one at a scrapper:P

hahaha, thats actually what fixed it, my grandpa just ripped the tube right off and duct taped it real well, it idles fine now and gives me some time to go fine a used one at a scrapper:P

lol as soon as i read your post I knew....glad you got it sorted.

Archived