Dunnville Cats

bass2mouth

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumour has it there's a 29 lber holding first place in the month long derby. Think its safe to say that pig will win it this year. Ive been out a handful of times with a half pound channel and a big sucker as the only action I've had so far...dunno where the big kitties are hiding yet.

What month long tournament??? Where do you enter???

So has anyone been out this week? I was thinking of going tonight before we get more rain and the weather gets worse tomorrow. The temps are a bit low still but getting up there slowly. Im getting impatient! ;)

I'm going Sunday night till Monday. I really hope to get into some cows!!! I have 2 kinds of cut bait chicken liver and shrimp, just to cover all tastes lol. I'll report Monday night.

Anyone fish closer to Caledonia for big cats? I have family that lives just off the banks by the bridge into downtown caledonia. Would love to get out. Chicken liver is a great bait, even better if you leave it to start rotting.

Anyone fish closer to Caledonia for big cats? I have family that lives just off the banks by the bridge into downtown caledonia. Would love to get out. Chicken liver is a great bait, even better if you leave it to start rotting.

True on the liver. I have to wear gloves to put it on the hook hahahaha stinky stinky

True on the liver. I have to wear gloves to put it on the hook hahahaha stinky stinky

Right on. If you start dry heaving when you open the container you know its "cured" long enough! The wife still thinks I have problems when I leave a container in the backyard.

Was out Yesterday boated over 20 cats. Water temp 47.9F Cats are in the grand all winter Have seen schools go by my camera when Ice fishing. When the water is cold you have to keep moving your bait every 15 min these cats are not going to move a long distance to find your rig . On average I was getting action every 8min. The MNR were there shocking for walleye and they said they saw lots of big cats float by.They also said there getting a lot of big walleye to move above the dam.Have to go now the cats are calling me.20F today should be a great day on the grand. Here is a good article

http://ontariofishingnetwork.com/2013/grand-cats/

Was out Yesterday boated over 20 cats. Water temp 47.9F Cats are in the grand all winter Have seen schools go by my camera when Ice fishing. When the water is cold you have to keep moving your bait every 15 min these cats are not going to move a long distance to find your rig . On average I was getting action every 8min. The MNR were there shocking for walleye and they said they saw lots of big cats float by.They also said there getting a lot of big walleye to move above the dam.Have to go now the cats are calling me.20F today should be a great day on the grand. Here is a good article

http://ontariofishingnetwork.com/2013/grand-cats/

20!!! NICE!! hope to have the same luck:)

Archived