Dunnville Cats

bass2mouth

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9:45pm - 2:30am not a sniff!!! Water was 45f used cutbait. There was another boat within ear shot and people on shore. We outlasted them and no fish for anyone. The fish finder showed no fish. It must have been the cold temps.

Is there alot of benifit to boat fishing for cats over shore? Limited shore spots maybe? I am hoping to give the Grand a shot soon for Big Kittys

Is there alot of benifit to boat fishing for cats over shore? Limited shore spots maybe? I am hoping to give the Grand a shot soon for Big Kittys

absolutely, as you can move around alot more :) in all seriousness, warmer water holds greater numbers of active fish at this time of year. Pinpoint these spots and you will get them.

Love the stories, I fish the aqueduct in Welland for cats during the summer, they are a fun fight when they have spunk. Gotta watch the Bowfins though.

We are heading down for the weekend. Hoping it's not too late to have some fun with the cats. It isn't too late is it?????? We live 20 minutes from Quinte, opening weekend for walleye and I want to get away from this rat race of boats and anglers!

We are heading down for the weekend. Hoping it's not too late to have some fun with the cats. It isn't too late is it?????? We live 20 minutes from Quinte, opening weekend for walleye and I want to get away from this rat race of boats and anglers!

Yup it has begun.... the Lagoons will be out in full force on the bay

G

Thanks for the info guys, muchly appreciate. I will be sure to give an update when we get back on Monday.

Gerritt, now would be a good time to cruise the 401 to get cooler lids, life jackets and even the odd tackle box that gets blown out of the boats! ha ha ha

I have even found a fishing rod on the side of the road one year.

Well, we got make and had a great time. Cats to be had, just have to do some searching to find them.

Our big fish weighed in at 23.2lbs. Don't really know what was more fun though, catching bait or catching cats. Ya I'm lieing, catching Cats was much more fun.

IMG-20130505-00323.jpg

IMG-20130505-003211.jpg

IMG-20130505-00312.jpg

IMG-20130504-00298.jpg

IMG-20130504-00296.jpg

Once again, thanks for the help guys.

Rick guess you got your answer.

Tlogic. Beauty cat bro, she's gorgeous.

Yes seems the grand is picking up, but I can't travel to far from home with baby in way, too risky. Damn you guys (shaking fist)

Yes seems the grand is picking up, but I can't travel to far from home with baby in way, too risky. Damn you guys (shaking fist)

Good luck with the baby my first is just

Over 2 months:) enjoy the ride!!

Good luck with the baby my first is just

Over 2 months:) enjoy the ride!!

Archived