Jordan Conservation Area Question

Lex

Does anyone have any info on this,

I was wondering if launching my kayak at the Jordan Conservation area is permitted at this time. Also is fishing from the shore of this area permitted at this time. I ask because I was there earlier today and the gates were open stating daily use from 8am to 8pm, however, I noticed their website says their season is from May-October and there were quite a few (No Trespassing) signs posted. Would like to know since the gates are open can I start using the area now? Thank you in advance.

Does anyone have any info on this,
I was wondering if launching my kayak at the Jordan Conservation area is permitted at this time. Also is fishing from the shore of this area permitted at this time. I ask because I was there earlier today and the gates were open stating daily use from 8am to 8pm, however, I noticed their website says their season is from May-October and there were quite a few (No Trespassing) signs posted. Would like to know since the gates are open can I start using the area now? Thank you in advance.

you cant fish the area until trout opener, unless you plan on launching and then going out to lake ontario, i dont know about the rules to launching out of the conservation area but i know i have watched people launch at bailey bridge area,

you can launch there for free. only thing is they close the gate at 8pm. meaning you have to come back before to pack your stuff and leave before the gates get closed.

as long as there is no event(dragon boat pratice eg.) there you should be fine.

you cant fish the area until trout opener, unless you plan on launching and then going out to lake ontario, i dont know about the rules to launching out of the conservation area but i know i have watched people launch at bailey bridge area,

You can fish all you want provided you follow regs. Isnt a sanctyary. Just closed for dome species.

They will lock the gates if vehicles are in there also nrp do check on parks that close at night. Seen em a few times fishibg for cats

You can fish all you want provided you follow regs. Isnt a sanctyary. Just closed for dome species.

They will lock the gates if vehicles are in there also nrp do check on parks that close at night. Seen em a few times fishibg for cats

i was under the impression that the area of jordan harbour to the qew all the way to bailey bridge and above was a sanctuary, if that not the case then i will have to keep that in mind

Archived