Anyone Fish Lake Darlymple ?

HuskyMunter

My inlaws have a decent trailer setup on the lake ... and i cant wait to spend some time up there fishing this summer. Ive been there a few times before with them, a lot of pike and some nice bass as well. Im hoping to target musky there this year. Ive done some searching on older threads and have come across some discussions about this lake. But just curious if anyone (more recently) goes up there to fish, any stories ... and maybe even looking to make another fishing buddy for the summer.

It's a great lake for numbers of pike. I really like fishing the reeds on the shallow (south) side. Recent years have seen an increase in boat traffic, but what waterway hasn't had more traffic on it. ?

1 oz. Panther martin is my go to lure for pike .

I like to Kick Boat the south end.Had some reasonable success catching Pike but the bass can be quite large ,My best day was 32 bass

2 pike largest bass 5.31lbs in less than 2ft..... I Will be there floating around for the opener

Bigugli is right, few and far between. Lots of medium too small sized Pike. Fish the narrows at Dusk for your best chance at Muskie. Use Big Topwaters, Husky Jerks and Bucktails. Good luck, You'll need it.

Snappin Turtles are voracious scavengers when using live minnows too. Once they zero in........Better move.

heavy cover - i have had some good times chasing bass though those weeds. lots of pike hanging around on the weed edge there too. believe it or not, i have had the best luck with Dollar-Rama spinners for pike there ... saw them on the shelf there and couldnt resist. But to my suprise i was out fishing my father-in-law in both size and numbers ... up against his rapala luers too. haha!

rocknreel - ya i have had lots of luck down in the south end as well. lots of pike indeed! i will probably stay down in and around niagara for the opener ... and maybe head up there a couple weeks after to check it out.

Seanook - definatley going to be trying some dusk musky hunting ... lots of little islands and rockbeds to search around ... going to do some exploring and scout out some prime spots. As far as snapping turtles go, i had a run-in with them last year. they were after my stringer of bass i had off the side of the boat. had to defend my dinner ... they wanted a piece of the catch!

looking forward to getting up there though ... more than likely the end of may/june ... and perhaps for the musky season opener :)

let me know if any of you are headed up

Friends of ours used to camp at meadows end went up there quite a bit last year top water frogs in the rice weeds is key for the big bass loads of small mouth and largemouth. Caught lots of pike to. Musky are very few and far between but off of Avery's point by the barrel is a nice spot for them when they are hitting they are cruising that area. I hammered a 42 inch pike there with a musky bait last year it was a 12 inch top water plug chartrues and black spots. I btw chartreuse is the key color there as well as white tubes.

Archived