New Canoe

sunfisher

Just ordered a 14 ft Sports Pal to day, should be here in two weeks, this will be a new activity for me, looking forward to a new way to fish, all you people here gave, me a new way never fish from a canoe or kayak, was thinking of a kayak but I like taking my 10 year old grandson and thought a canoe would fill the bill better. looking forward to meeting some of you out there

You will not be upset with the sportspal.... I owned one growing up then went to a coleman canoe, then a kevlar... I am now back in a sportspal. I love it. for fishing and hunting it can not be beat. It is wide and stable and is almost impossible to tip. I have flyfished out of it standing up. A trolling motor works very well on it. About the only downfall is that when it is really windy it is hard to control because it rides so hight on the water. If you have a trolling motor and you go out alone put a pail full of water in the bow, cuts down on the wind turning the canoe. Your grandson will love it. If you want me to go out with you in mine or in a kayak PM me. A very nice spot to break her in is the welland rec canal. Smooth water and no motorized boats to contend with. Also Point abino is great on a calm day. this spring I tried Black creek in Stevensville and had a blast, cheers and you will enjoy her!!!

Mike

Archived