Anyone Ever Fish At Memquisit Lodge?

BakerMan

Memquisit is on the West Arm of Nippissing. Walleye can be pretty good. It's all about timing and temperatures with early season walleye.

I usually have good results drift trolling harnesses along the weed line. You will also get your share of pike that way.

I've stayed at Memquisit Lodge a bunch of times (great place) and have done pretty well.

We usually go during the summer so techniques might work differently when you're there but here's what works for me:

Walleye: Cotton Cordell jigging spoons (gold), Jiggin' Raps (Perch, Firetiger & Glow/Chartreuse) <-killed them on those 2 baits, Dropshotting 3 inch Berkley Gulp Minnows, Shap Raps (Perch or shad) and i even do well in the evening throwing Booyah Spinnerbaits (Skirt - White or White/Chartreuse with White, White/Chartreuse or Gold double willow leaf blades) and finally a Lindy rig with a Chartreuse Corky tipped with a minnow or a piece of Nightcrawler.

Pike: Twitch Baits like the Husky Jerk (Tennesse Shad), Bomber Long A (Gold/Orange) and Smithwick Rogue (Bass and Firetiger) worked well, as did the Shad Raps and Booyah Spinnerbaits.

Bass and Muskie are closed when you're there but you should be able to get into some Perch, Sheepshead & Silver Bass as well.

A good starting point would be the narrows in front of Lakair Lodge, the weed beds near the channel on the backside of the Burnt Island and you should also be able to pick up a few fish in the little bay in front of the lodge.

Fishing sucks on that part of the lake, sorry it's the truth, nothing but dinks calendar bay is better area. Invested over 30,000 in mempquisit and got the doo-doo end of the stick with them. My advice stay away

Fishing sucks on that part of the lake, sorry it's the truth, nothing but dinks calendar bay is better area. Invested over 30,000 in mempquisit and got the doo-doo end of the stick with them. My advice stay away

Well I dont have the same idea as you... as I have stayed on the West Arm many times..... 16 years or there abouts... and you can catch pickereyes if you know where to go and what to use..

fish the lee side of the wind... and use a Nipissing jig with a trailer hook... attach a worm....

simple as that...

I have NEVER not caught pickereyes on Nipissing ... having said that.. you need to follow the slot limit and new rules for recreational anglers...

on a sports license... we are now down to 2 fish....... Used to be 4 (as of last year)... and those fish cannot be within the slot...

that is the main reason my tourist dollars will no longer be spent in the North Bay region..

the reduction in being able to keep fish to feed my family... is the main reason I will not go back...

but yet the native commercial fishery goes un-touched....

Lower our limits to allow more gill nets to keep the fish we have to throw back...

No thank you...

ALOT of American anglers and travelling anglers all agree on this point...

would you drive 18 hours to come here... and only be allowed to catch 2 fish?

The cottage operators are already receiving cancellation notices... this will impact them, big time

It saddens me.. I love L. Nipissing....

G

Well I dont have the same idea as you... as I have stayed on the West Arm many times..... 16 years or there abouts... and you can catch pickereyes if you know where to go and what to use..

I agree Gerritt... while Callander Bay is also a fine fishery, I've done very well over the years on the West Arm for both size and numbers.

• 5 years later...

I have been fishing  out of MEMQUISIT since 1970 when Jeanne Trivett and her mother were owners! We had a company fishing trip every year, along with guides and shore lunches. Fantastic experience! Fishing was at its best in those days. Walleye was plentiful. The guides knew how to turn up fantastic walleye shore lunches! Pike was a catch and release. I am 85 years young and still fish out of MEMQUISIT with my two sons, nephews and grand nephews. We are scheduled to visit MEMQUISIT  end of May 2019. The Daoust Family, owners,  take very good care of us. Ask for Charlene should you decide to visit them!

Maxwell Collins😁😁

Archived