Fly Swap?

ron4blues

I'd like to propose a fly swap if we can get enough interest going.

For example, if we have 10 participants, each would tie 10 of their favorite patterns and mail them to the swap co-ordinator (we can decide who that will be along the way), along with a pre-paid return envelope. Once the co-ordinator gets all the contributions, he re-packages the flies, one of each pattern for each participant, and mails them back out.

If this sounds interesting, please comment below along with the fly you'd like to tie. I'd suggest limiting this to the first 12 people for starters.

If this goes, I'll contribute some hairwing Black Ghosts.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far we have:

Coachman

cdnfishguy11

Gnfshn

Dogman (I'll take you as "maybe)"

Horrorshowrot

Snakeyes

Dave

Lets get a few more before we call it a "go."

Lets call it a "go" when we get 3 more.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to worry.....just do your best is all thats required. Im not very skilled either but we all start somewhere.

I'll try and tie a few lol... put me in...I can tie any fly there is ..so it don't matter what pattern you want..

Hendrickson hatch just finished.. i got a few nymph patterens left

406782773.jpg

So with Snaggy and Cliff we have our 10. I'll get my 10 Black Ghosts done up. Lets say end of June to have the submissions in? If cdnfishguy is still interested in being the co-ordinator, we'll work out the logistics before then.

Josh is gone the end of this week. He'll be away for most of the summer. Hopefully he can chime in I know he is very busy getting things in order. I'm in I have no idea what to tie but I'll figure something out. I'm gone from June 28th to Aug 1st or 2nd so I'll need to know where to send them before that.

Awesome......I would like to tie intruders if that qualfies

I'm sure everyone will come up with something interesting. Doesn't have to be elaborate. I'm doing Black Ghosts because they're simple. Other simple patterns for the suggestion box: Wooley Buggers; Pheasant Tail or Hare's Ear Nymphs; Mickey Finn Streamers; Prince Nymphs. . . I could think of dozens more.

hey guys, sorry its taken so long Ive been unreal busy lately getting everything ready to go.... I fly out June 8th(one week away!)

we should try and make a theme for the swap that way people have some idea on what kind of flies to tie

Archived