Kawigamog Lake

bjr69

Fished Kawigamog alot, my buddy has a cottage there, it's good for Bass, plenty of walleye and pike. Depends on the time of year as for where to fish, minnows work good as does trolling minnow imitations. There is lots of water to fish the system gives you close to 50 miles of available area.

Used to rent a cottage there years ago. Bass is decent. There are or used to be some Lakers there. Lots of sunken debris along the shore lines. Very snaggy.

There is great fishing for almost all species throughout that waterway. I have a trailer on the west end "Lost Channel". There is a lot of water there and more then a few sunken islands. If you are not familiar with the waterway take your time when motoring around but when you find those sunken islands fish them with tubes for bass or leeches if you are going for pickerel. Also for pickerel if you like to troll use those Spin-N-Glo things that look like acorns with wings tipped with a worm. If you are a bass guy there are lots of bass in the 5 pound plus range there.

There is great fishing for almost all species throughout that waterway. I have a trailer on the west end "Lost Channel". There is a lot of water there and more then a few sunken islands. If you are not familiar with the waterway take your time when motoring around but when you find those sunken islands fish them with tubes for bass or leeches if you are going for pickerel. Also for pickerel if you like to troll use those Spin-N-Glo things that look like acorns with wings tipped with a worm. If you are a bass guy there are lots of bass in the 5 pound plus range there.

my buddies cottage is just down from the "Lost Channel Inn" , 3 islands turn right down the finger, we would get our walleye under the bridge at "Ell's narrows" using minnows or sometimes make the trip into a few shoals on Dollars lake. Like you say lots of sweet Bass throughout the waterway, Topwaters can also be lots of fun to fish early morning or evening. You can also find weed walleye in the few scattered weed areas, white twisters on 1/4-3/8 oz jigheads plopped into the holes works well. Lots of Pike around aswell, I've had more then one eye ripped off my line by the Pike.

It's a nice area Tommy, lake never gets to rough to fish, lots of wildlife around. I Deer hunted up there aswell for a few years and we always got a few Deers and if you hit it right you can fill your tags in a few hours. Lots of Moose, bear, grouse, I saw otters up there for the first time, even sat on a ridge and watched a familly of beavers getting there winter alder branches one afternoon. It's abit of a hidden jewel not that far away.

• 7 years later...

hi guys and gals, I understand this is a very old thread. However I fish this lake as well, we are on Rangers Bay. I spent the first 3 seasons seaching out the west side near the Inn, however this season I did some more exploring. Found lots of pike and pickrel near the elbow in deep water and bass all over the shorelines. I have fished there for 4 seasons now, and still just at the tip of the iceberg. Next season heading more into dollar lake to explore.

• 10 months later...
On 5/24/2013 at 6:36 AM, canadadude said:

Fished Kawigamog alot, my buddy has a cottage there, it's good for Bass, plenty of walleye and pike. Depends on the time of year as for where to fish, minnows work good as does trolling minnow imitations. There is lots of water to fish the system gives you close to 50 miles of available area.

HI  just wonering if there are any muskie in kawigamog lake?