I Want A Kayak!

rickyy33

Hey, so by the title you can see I want a fishing kayak, I really want a hobie, with mirage drive system, or is there another brand with similar function?

Now I would prefer used, new is cool depending on price... Does anyone know if there's a store in the area of Niagara, Toronto, London that might carry used ones? no over the border. I've searched the net but can't find anything on stores with used kayaks. The other thing is, I would like to trade my boat and or plus cash, depending on whats available, does anyone know where this is possible? I've checked out kijiji and not much there except in Sudbury.. Lot of questions, if someone can lead me in a direction that would be awesome!!

$$$$ i guess if you want the mirage its a hell of a lot more, but I found a store in sudbury that crushes there price. but then you have gas and travel and its the same price, damn! what other brands of fishing yaks are there? I know of ocean kayaks, any preference over the other??

If you've never owned a kayak, id start cheaper than a hobie.... you might not like the sport and maybe a small tin boat, pontoon or float tube would be a better purchase. Plus, those hobies are freaking heavy and suck bad for any kind of long distance paddling or portage you might encounter. Try a wilderness systems tarpon (what I have) or a ride. Jackson kayaks are awesome too. You can get each of those for under a grand and they are light, easy to move, have a ton of storage and are very easy to rig with all your rod holders, anchor trollies, finders, etc.

Im actually toying with the idea of selling mine and getting an updated version. Pm me if interested, if not, then good luck with the search.

Nova Craft in London is an awesome store, but dunno if they stock the Hobie. They have spring sales on blemished yaks. Yaks are a real pain to fish from, I'd strongly suggest you try it out before dropping 4k on a hobie.

Archived