Outboard Repair

rick

Does anyone happen to know if Leon Campbell in Ridgeway still repairs outboards, or if there is anyone in the region who does repair besides the big marinas?

...please be careful of a guy that used to or could still CLAIM to repair outboards/inboards...his property was close to Sodom Rd. after you get off the QEW and are heading towards Crystal Beach...it was off to the right about a mile away from the QEW...he (or a friend) did a skeg repair for me and he butchered it...one friend has a horror story that involved $1000's...my loss was $150...some of you probably got ripped off, too...

Does anyone happen to know if Leon Campbell in Ridgeway still repairs outboards, or if there is anyone in the region who does repair besides the big marinas?

He was in Port Colborne and is out out business.

...please be careful of a guy that used to or could still CLAIM to repair outboards/inboards...his property was close to Sodom Rd. after you get off the QEW and are heading towards Crystal Beach...it was off to the right about a mile away from the QEW...he (or a friend) did a skeg repair for me and he butchered it...one friend has a horror story that involved $1000's...my loss was $150...some of you probably got ripped off, too...

Bill, the guy you are referring to was Stevensville Auto Truck Marine.....and is now in jail. No more worries about him. Google it, good read. And on another note, I highly recommend Ken Bush out of welland. Does great work.

He got me for quite a few bucks

I called that guy on Kijiji and he didn't want to work on my 75 hp(he wants small motors easy to store so his neighbours don't complain)

But he gave me some free advice that solved my problem.

Seemed like a nice guy on the phone.

• 9 months later...

Ten years ago I learned the expensive way not to use a guy who works on boats out of his garage. Twenty minutes after putting my boat equipped with an oil injected 50 HP Suzuki back in the water the engine seized. I now use Nichols Marine. I brought my boat in Tuesday at noon and picked it up Wednesday at noon. They do good work, but charge $90 per hour. The important thing to note is that dealers carry insurance, a new four-stroke costs approximately $10,000. It isn't worth the risk trying to save a few bucks using a guy who probably isn't insured, and hasn't got a pot to piss in should you decided to take him to court if he ruins your outboard.

Archived