12 Mile Wild Life

smerchly

No fishing today , looking for an almost all white hawk I saw there 2 days ago , plus 2 black capped herons & a blue heron....nowhere to be seen today ! So I got some other shots while I was walking the pathway from Welland Vale bridge to the old GM plant on the opposite side.

lots of carp & big snails in this old waterway which was much larger when True Temper Industries was there....

SAM_2879.JPG

escargo anyone ? The snails are very large here & plenty of them ...

SAM_2877.JPG

the beavers have dropped many trees along the whole 12 mile system .....

SAM_2880.JPG

hard to spot these guys in their natural house.....

SAM_2888.JPG

not sure if this duck has two legs ......

SAM_2895.JPG

the creek was slightly down but a little muddy from the rains yesterday . This shot was taken from the bridge & both sides below the rapids have some good bass holes . Lots of minnows running the shore lines .

SAM_2897.JPG

It's a slow day today , hope I didn't bore you , but sometimes you must stop and smell the roses ! lol

SAM_2856.JPG

That snapper has been there as long as I can remember. I grew up close to there, just up the hill from the turret. That turtle lays its eggs in the middle of the trail every year. Glad to see it's still around. :)

That snapper has been there as long as I can remember. I grew up close to there, just up the hill from the turret. That turtle lays its eggs in the middle of the trail every year. Glad to see it's still around. :)

Well , that gives us an idea how old the turtle may be ......I'd say it's getting close to 95 yrs. old haha

Archived