Barracuda!

Dogman

Well into the double digits on snappers. I caught a nasty houndfish that tried to stab my foot and there is a grouper hiding out under my dock that has broken me off 3-4 times. I went out today and got some heavier gear. Hopefully tomorrow brings grouper sandwiches. Last week was almost blown out due to the wind. This week is starting off very nice with just nice breezy conditions. I should be getting out with the fly rods soon.

Those grouper sandwiches sound great. Keep the pictures coming when you find time. Must be fun...a month of fishing that is...lol

That little cuda bears a resemblance to a small tiger musky . you are lucky to have a place like that to catch monster fish from the ocean . Lots of luck catching the super grouper !

It's flat calm today. I'm heading out into the flat to see if I can't scare something up.

I've got a couple pics up on my blog. The link is in my signature.

I got into some small Jack Crevalle last night. Wow are they fun. I was fishing with an old 6' Berkley IM-6 Lightning Rod it's like a med-light with a size 15 reel. What a hoot. They run like crazy. I couldn't imagine getting into a big one. These were maybe 2-3 lbs tops. They can reach upwards of 30 lbs in deep water. Would be one hell of a fight at that weight. I took some pics but my GoPro doesn't work well in the dark so they didn't turn out. Took the family to Miami today for my oldest daughter's birthday. If you ever consider going to Miami, don't. What a mess. We saw 4 accidents in 10 blocks all on the same street. Two were bad ones too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived