What's On Your Vice These Days...fall Is Nigh Gents

CCfly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PICS!!! Gentlemen...

That's the reason for this thread!!...that and the opportunity to steal some great patterns... :tease:

cc

That be nice....the pics thats is....because as of now your pic does not display. So i have nothing to steal...lol

Im going to try the lady Caroline spey tonight...be my first spey fly.

There some way of directly attaching a pic without having to use a third party gallery (foto bucket is too cumbersome)...

I used to use Facebook: just right-click on the photo, select "copy source" from the drop-down and then copy that link into the image downloader here. Don't know if that still works or not.

I used to use Facebook: just right-click on the photo, select "copy source" from the drop-down and then copy that link into the image downloader here. Don't know if that still works or not.

Thanks Coach, will try that...

These...

DSC_0873_zps4939da47.jpg

For this...

I want to add I may or may not be using a fly rod :ph34r:

Fly fishing section here @ss!!

:P

Nice little ties D-man!

Well had a go at the Lady Caroline....not what I wanted, but none the less it was my first try. Had problems trying to tent the wing. Next ones will be better...I hope. Had the schlappen at the front of the hook to twist it on but it broke off so I just tied it in. Im just to rough....you need baby hands and great vision...both of which I lack...lol

spey2_zps748e2037.jpg

spey1_zps1077a191.jpg

Very nice Dozer. I know that spot. Well I do know some like it anyway.

Nice ties, both of you! Dave, you're being too hard on yourself. Remember that fish don't care if it isn't perfect.

But I know what you mean: I'm wearing bi-focals these days, and it is very difficult to get just the right distance and angle to focus properly, so as often as not I take the glasses off while tying.

crazy charlie's.

chartreuse.

silver/white.

tan.

olive.

going to give them a go for sheepshead at the pier.

deceivers and clousers didn't work. (left over from my ill-fated striper expedition which, thanks to tropical storm andrea, saw the fly rod give way to the spinning gear.)

seems to work for drums down south, according to the internet-machine.

who knows.

if they don't work for sheepshead i'll try them on carp.

I've been tying a bunch of freestyle salmon flies lately. No plan, no recipe, just grabbing materials and throwing them on the hook how I see fit. It's working pretty well and I enjoy doing it. Let's see if the fish feel the same.

With all this rain, the tribs will be full in no time I'm thinking.

Coach is right Dave...don't be too hard on yourself...not a bad effort man REALLY!! Yeah it sorta sucks...BUT WOW, it looks like a spey fly man all dressed up of dinner and everything.

Great effort and courage... :clapping::clapping::clapping:

As for the wings :roflblack: dooood...you know how many I've cut to pieces in a rage...it's a delicate touch that last "little" detail...

KEEP AT IT

(the world needs more fly anglers...the rest...well...)

cc

Thanks guys yes i cut up a few as well. I really enjoy tieing but my vision is bad...that and im not carefull enough. Man i saw some flys yesterday tied by Joe Penich..just incredible works of art. There was a crayfish pattern that was the bomb. Also some nice Niagara emerald shiners....going to attend some workshops this fall with the first cast. Hopefully gain some more knowledge....thanks to Cliff ummer im addcted now....lol. i find it relaxing.....fight with wife....go tie flys til it goes away.....lol

I've been tying for close to 30 years now, Dave, and I'd still describe my skills as mediocre at best. Still, I enjoy the hobby and I catch fish. I am now the proud owner of a couple of your flies and can honestly say "well done!"

That means a lot to me Coach...ty for the kind words. We all started somewhere...just Im picking up the fly/spey fishing over bordem with float fishing and looking for change. I lake fished Lake Ontario and Owen Sound derbies for years and that's where most of my experience lies. I might have been one of the first group of guys that experimented with herring strips from the Rys Davis company and took many fish on strips before being banned first on the US side, then Canadian waters. I was a long time member of the Toronto zoology fishing board and fished with quite a few people in the Lake. Lake fishing Ontario was fun, but you soon get bored of that as well...I like to learn...and I have a huge thirst for knowledge. There is always something new to learn. There is plenty of intelligent people on this site that I have been fortunate to make friends with...yourself included. I would fish every day if I could...that's probably what cost me my first marriage. My second wife loves fishing too...so that's a good thing...lol. She wants to spey fish as well...so as soon as I move up to a full spey rod, I will hand her off my switch rod. Again, thanks....I appreciate your thoughts, and it was nice of you to send me the jungle Male Appendage feathers....I will show you pics of the rod when its done.

Archived