What's On Your Vice These Days...fall Is Nigh Gents

CCfly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, round two. Going for more presence for dirty water, and better sinking characteristics.

#2 2xl hook, gives me some more shank to work with. Knock the barb, toss it in the vice. Lead wraps, black marabou tail

troth-1.jpg

More marabou, and some peacock hearl for flash. Some flashy cream coloured chenille for a belly. Bring the marabou and hearl over for a back

troth-2.jpg

Scuplin wool head. Tie and cut to shape.

troth-3.jpg

Hopefully the marabou tail gives plenty of wiggle, and the lead helps it get down where it needs to be. I should really get some eyes to expoy on.

Ok, round two. Going for more presence for dirty water, and better sinking characteristics.

#2 2xl hook, gives me some more shank to work with. Knock the barb, toss it in the vice. Lead wraps, black marabou tail

troth-1.jpg

More marabou, and some peacock hearl for flash. Some flashy cream coloured chenille for a belly. Bring the marabou and hearl over for a back

troth-2.jpg

Scuplin wool head. Tie and cut to shape.

troth-3.jpg

Hopefully the marabou tail gives plenty of wiggle, and the lead helps it get down where it needs to be. I should really get some eyes to expoy on.

Artwork right there

new in vise today spring wigglers{michigan wigglers} look em up on google great steely fly my fave is orange or pink with grizzly hackle palmmered and squirrel tail for tail and back. I was running this fly as early as 1988 as it was introduced to me by a seasoned steelheader, rest is history as ived been tying ever since. sry i cant post a pic, google will though sizes 6 -12, i prefer an 8

Darrin

also very quick and simple fly to tie i can do a dozen in an hour no problem as long as I arrange my materials first and cement them all at once as the last step

spring_wiggler5-300x291.jpg

spring wiggler 6-12 white pink orange brown black olive chartruese all have thier times. tie in squirrel tail as tail and use remainder to pull over wingcase and secure at head after pallmerinng the hackle from back to front. for the body most use medium chennile but some nice dubbing mixes can the used aswell

Darrin

spring wiggler 6-12 white pink orange brown black olive chartruese all have thier times. tie in squirrel tail as tail and use remainder to pull over wingcase and secure at head after pallmerinng the hackle from back to front. for the body most use medium chennile but some nice dubbing mixes can the used aswell

Darrin

those look nice.

Archived