Moon Phase Fishing. Does It Produce More Fish ?

knightfisher

Anyone here fish using the moon phases.

Some believe in it. I've tried it in the past with no success.

This week however I decided to give it another try.

I was out last week and got skunked.

This week I got out Thurs and Friday, based on the moon phase best time for fishing.

Thursday I caught 8 fish. Most of them were small cat fish bass and one sunfish.

Friday, late afternoon/evening, I caught 12 fish, which included sunfish, rock bass, shad, white perch, catfish, crappie, walleye and finished with a pike.

A few pics of some of the fish.

DSCN3300_zpse7f7f419.jpg
DSCN3323_zpsb5984971.jpg
DSCN3318_zps151cf1a2.jpg
DSCN3305_zps0daaa3da.jpg
dscn3322_zps79426d0e.jpg
DSCN3316_zps013e1111.jpg
DSCN3326_zps96bf525d.jpg

I now believe.

:Gonefishing:

Not sure if there is any science to it, but I must say in the past two days, with lots of moon, I have caught more fish in the Grand than ever before. So long and short... I believe!! After all, I do fish.... and believe most things as a result....

i have fished by the moon phases for 30 years and I have noticed a big shift in feeding habits and aggressiveness towards my various presentations which does account for more numbers and larger fish..... for 2 days leading to the Full Moon and 2 days afterwards as it wanes. The Rec Canal was on fire this week south of Dain City and at the peak, the Full Moon, I caught 4 walleyes over 20 inches and a host of assorted bass. Gravelly Bay peeked for me as well with those phases for largemouth and have dropped off significantly as it wanes.

Daytime fishing is also impacted and that four day window can be dynamite 24/7 regardless of time of day or night.

Port Weller pier, my salmon spot of 30 years with glow spoons, also peeked during this period and I will not return there until the Waxing event begins next month

My best fishing has seemed to always occur around the new moon. The early morning walleye or salmon bite is usually bad for me during a full moon so i usually don't head out until 930 on those days. The theory I heard is the fish feed all night during full moons and don't really start feeding again until late morning or afternoon.

Archived