Sign in to follow this  
DaveC

Bass

Checked out the grand river this morning, and this bass hammered my bouface streamer. Nice size, and put up a great fight. I am sure liking the spey rod...lots of fun.

20130824_091117_zps6d768fbc.jpg

I fish just down the street from where I live. Galt, Cambridge. Lots of fishable water all through the grand, from what I have seen. not very familiar with the lower end too much, but just started to do some exploring down there.

You"ll tag into bass all the way from Brant down to Dunnville. Lot's of good spots between Caledonia and Cayuga. Look for a hole, or slow moving water, just after some shallow spots, and you should find some good smallies. Never fails.

You"ll tag into bass all the way from Brant down to Dunnville. Lot's of good spots between Caledonia and Cayuga. Look for a hole, or slow moving water, just after some shallow spots, and you should find some good smallies. Never fails.

Do you fish steelhead down that way? That's what Im interested in...a good place to swing some flys for steel. And its ok, you can PM me your secret spots...Im not shy..lol

No I do not,I'd like to learn it though. I bought a fly rig a few years ago and do ok for bass with it. No expert for sure. Bass are my big thing down here. I fish in between Cayuga and Caledonia. No real secret spots down here...

Did you ever try around Paris at all? Looks like some nice holes there as well.

No, I never get up there. Tons of Grand River fishing right in my back yard. I'd like to go to Guelph Lake and Belwood at some time. My dad lives on Hay Bay near Napanee so if I have any time to get away I go there.

I live in brantford and fish the grand all the time. Rainbows, walleye,bass,cats,carp,pike. Lots of good fishing. Get a canoe and try paris (bean park) to brantford (brant park). Great smallie fishing.