First Salmon In The Yak

The Ketchican Kid

Second time out in the yak ever for salmon and got a 13.5 lb king! Was so happy! Was runnin a jet diver with glow spoon and a kwikfish flatlined out the back. The salmon crushed my kwikfish in 50fow down about 10. Went out about a mile off of port d with a big pack of boats! Feel bad for the pier guys now because the fish are still way out there!!

Also, wondering where to maybe track down some bows and browns? I was pretty comfortable getting out to 50fow, and wondering if they might be out there? And, should the salmon be in the same area (50 fow) during the day? Just maybe deeper in the column? Thanks in advance, feel free to pm!

Try trolling a dipsy diver with a 3-4' lead to your spoon of choice in the 30 -40 ftw. Browns at this time of year in close.

Try trolling a dipsy diver with a 3-4' lead to your spoon of choice in the 30 -40 ftw. Browns at this time of year in close.

You don't know pain until you've trolled a Mag Dipsey out of a yak....aaaargh.

Bows & Ho's are usually out a bit deeper than the mature Kings this time of year, 60-140fow, down 30-50'

Leadcore & Torpedo Divers are my preferred way to get down without killing you like a Dipsey.

• 1 month later...

Archived