16 Mile Pond/creek

cm87

Hey there, I've been lurking on this board for a little while and figured I'd finally post.

Anyone ever have any luck fishing 16 mile, between the QEW and the lake? I'm looking to get into some trout action and preferably avoid the crowds at Port Dalhousie.

No need for specifics, just wondering if its worth my time or if I should get on my elbow pads and try my luck at the port.

Thanks!

Hey there, I've been lurking on this board for a little while and figured I'd finally post.

Anyone ever have any luck fishing 16 mile, between the QEW and the lake? I'm looking to get into some trout action and preferably avoid the crowds at Port Dalhousie.

No need for specifics, just wondering if its worth my time or if I should get on my elbow pads and try my luck at the port.

Thanks!

Check the fishing regulations they are posted here. Don't get caught fishing in closed areas. Be an educated fisherman.

Thanks!

If you're talking about the 16 mile in Oakville you can fish HWY 2 all the way to the south side of the 407 until Dec. 31st. Not sure about the regs for the other 16 mile. You'll have to look if up, but I think it's the town of Lincoln from the QEW to the mouth of Lake O.

Welcome cm87 ! The 15 &16 Mile & Jordan are my old stomping grounds from waaaay back . Here's a web site for Charles Daley Park that will give you some info . I'm not sure if the main gate is open now , but it's a short walk to the lake from the parking spots where trout have been caught from the rocks . Jordan Harbour near the Beacon may produce better results from the rocks at the lake .

http://www.niagaragreenbelt.com/listings/76-parks-gardens-a-conservation-areas/160-charles-daley-park.html

Thanks for the help! And yes I'm fully aware that the section of river south of the QEW is closed…..hence the aforementioned "between the lake and QEW."

I'll definitely post a report, once I figure out where I'm headed!

Archived