Gloves?

bites

I put the simms gloves on my Christmas wish list...but having said that not tried gloves with the fly rod. Cant see where it would be any harder than using gloves float fishing. Being a spey caster both hands are on the rod so i dont see it being an obstackle....maybe single hand might be different though.

I have simms windstopper fingerless gloves and the fold over ones, I really like them, but they aren't water proof. The fingerless wool gloves are also nice and still warm went they get damp, also liner gloves can be alright like under armour or marks warehouse has their brand as well

Although this is a fly sub-forum. I have been wondering about gloves in the colder months that I can use for my center pin, iv been using mechanic gloves and they get the job done, but ineed a warmer pair that still allows me to feel the pin letting line out, reccomendations?

Ive used those cheap white wool gloves with the black nibs on them and find your line gets stuck to the rubber grip or those nibs. I also tried a thin pair of hunters bow gloves that worked great but never kept my hands warm enough. Was doing some reading about placing those hand warmers inside the gloves on top of your wrist....supposed to keep the blood flowing better and help keep your finger tips warm. Im going to give the simms fingerless gloves with the fold over mit a shot next. I have a problem holding onto gloves cant count all the ones ive lost. Just picked up some really thin ladies gloves all wool at CT for 89 cents....they fit nice and tight and feel not bad....keep the chill off at least. The simms are not cheap $59 put the name simms on anything and the price doubles...lol. if anyone finds the answer to gloves let me know too..lol

Those simms gloves absorb water like crazy Dave...So if you're gonna get em avoid dipping your hands in water and avoid rain (yes it gets in with rain).

Not worth the price to me...its good for wind though...

I'm still searching for a good winter fishing glove as well...

I guess thats half the problem is its almost a givin your hands are getting wet when fishing.

I have a pair of wool sheffield fingerless gloves, wool fold over gloves and a pair of winter mechanix leather gloves all of them seem to work well i also have the hand warmer packs if my hands get cold still. I was also looking at a pair of neoprene gloves

Those look good Jackz....buy the time you factor in tax and shipping $100 gloves plus you cant even try them on to see if you like them. Seems fishing, driving to go fishing....smoking and drinking and any other addictions all cost TOO MUCH MONEY !!!! Lol

I own the Simms windstoppers as well. They are awesome gloves for cold days, they have a pocket in the wrist for hand warmers which I find nice. As for them getting wet that is true. I hate the neoprene gloves for fly fishing or float fishing as the line tends to stick to the gloves to much not allowing you control your line as well.

Archived