Swim Tank

DaveC

Hi Guys, here is a few pics of a swim test tank I built to test my flies. Bought the tank used of Kijiji for $10, so I have about $80 invested into building it. I bought a 750 GPH adjustable flow pump and 3" plastic tube. Used some 5 min epoxy and some wooden dowel to secure it in place. Works great, and has given me a better perspective of what your fly looks like in the water. Been doing some fine tuning to get the desired effect.

SwimTank_zpsfd7cd6ad.jpg

streamer1_zps7c2af3fe.jpg

streamer_zps96f9f1cf.jpg

Intruders_zps483b0eb0.jpg

Thanks guys, its a 10 gallon tank Slimfisher. No need for a tank that size really...a 5 gal tank would be just fine. I got it for $10 bucks so it was the right price. If you google search youtube for fly testing tank it gives you all the information you need. The pump is a Hydor 750 gph adjustable speed. I did have a hard time finding the clear tubing. Plastic World at Dufferin and Sheppard in Toronto has it, as does a place called Dun-Rite plastics in Mississauga...took me a while to locate that. You can watch the youtube videos with April Vokey showing how the tank works.

Archived