New To The Forum...

BigEazzzy

Good afternoon Gang,

Signed on to the website mid November and just want to introduce myself... Fished casually a number of years ago & just took it up again last year. No boat, so a shore fisherman (for now). Seriously, and I mean seriously looking into a Wilderness Ride 115x - started off looking at a $200 pontoon type floating thing & had escalated to this. The stability of this really intrigues me. Thanks to devron88 for answering a pile of questions I had...

Still doing research, but my heart is set on that model...

Anyways, love to fish - mostly Largemouth, but really, anything that bites! I'll probably have a few questions moving forward throughout the process.

Besides what I have come across, I'm not sure if there's a Niagara Fishing dot Net's guide for Dummies, so I'll just tread lightly until I find my way around and get comfortable.

Cheers...

BigEazzzy

I have kayaked the lower Niagara a few times and we hammer the smallies in the fall in the lower. It's a blast. I definitely plan on coming up more often this year and am always willing to meet up with someone. Kayaking that water is best with a few guys. As for largemouth, can't really help you there, but PM me if you want some specifics.

That Ride 115 would be very limiting based on the length. The boat has a tall profile and will get blown around a lot when windy.

10-12' some rivers and small inland lakes

13-16' all rivers and all lakes

All the dealers will be giving on water demos this spring. I would try as many styles as possible before I commit the money.

• 2 weeks later...

BigEazzzy - We're the local Wilderness Systems dealer. We've got Tarpon 100, 120, and 140's in stock, as well as Ride 135's. We'll have the Ride 115's in mid-April. You've had a good suggestion about trying before you buy. We have our annual Paddle Day on May 4th this year at Charles Daley Park on the outskirts of St. Catharines. This is a free day to come out and test paddle all of the boats we sell. We also have sale prices on this day. I should also mention that we price match so if you find a better price on a boat we have we'll happily match it.

Let me know if you've got any more specific questions.

Jamie

Archived