Looking For Kayak Group

archman

With kayak fishing growing every year, this should be easier to find than 10 years ago. I generally don't like to kayak fish by myself, especially in fast currents like the Niagara or even in the nearshore waters of Erie or Ontario, but I will if I have to. Unfortunately, my main kayak buddy changed his work schedule so we won't be fishing that much together this year. It's also hard to find others who will make this 3 hour trip more than a couple times a year. They don't realize the fishery that you guys are lucky to have. Catching 50 plus smallmouth in a day in a yak is very feasible, as well as different kinds of trout and salmon mixed in. Where else can you get this?

I would love to start a small network of guys interested in hitting the lower (or even upper-I have never fished it) and the nearshore waters of Ontario. Being 3 hours away and fishing from a kayak present challenges that sometimes boaters don't even have to face. The slightest "wrong" kind of wind could be detrimental to a kayaker so it would be nice to have some connections of guys that live close. If you're interested, please reply or shoot me a PM.

I am definitely down to fishing the lower and upper of the Niagara River, but once im comfortable in the yak. I will be just getting started this year, so I want to stay far away from current and rapids and especially the devils hole hahaha! But if we can fish the calmer waters close to the lakes erie and Ontario where the waters are calm and relaxing well I am game! I live pretty close in proximity to these areas and I have my own transportation so meeting up is not an issue. Hit me up if this is something that interests others.

Both of you (Or anyone else) fire me a message if you are interested in going in the welland canal or river. I also know a couple of tribs that are cool

I don't know how against the rules it is, but there's a few guys on Yakfisher.net who go out pretty regular, and a few from Winsor/Sarnia that make the drive to fish in the Spring & Fall.

Hitting the Upper for 'Ski's is on my to-do list this season.

Salmon & trout on Lady O I'm hoping to get out atleast once a week. Plus I found a killer early season spot for pike that hardly anybody fishes.

Really jonesing to get out, just waiting for all the damn beach ice to bugger off & more launches to open up!

• 1 month later...

When the season ripens up I will be posting all the time about meets in and around st.kitts 'noshine'. Keep checking back once in a while.

I have wanted to come and fish the region for a few years now and made my first trip last year in the spring and fished Lake Ontario out of Jordan. Only fished about 5 hours, had 3 good hookups, but lost them all.

Coming from Windsor, I travel to fish species that aren't available to me in the Western Basin of Lake Erie, Detroit River and Lake St. Clair. So Salmon, Steelhead, Lakers, Brown Trout is what I have to travel for. Lake Ontario, and Lake Michigan are 3 hours each way for me. I will fish in current as long at it isn't too bad. I fish the Detroit River regularily.

• 1 month later...

I FINALLY got to test out my yak for the first time. Had an amazing time. Cant wait for the next time out. Muscles were sore the next day, Its a good workout.

I FINALLY got to test out my yak for the first time. Had an amazing time. Cant wait for the next time out. Muscles were sore the next day, Its a good workout.

You weren't the teenager that turtled his homebuilt and needed to be rescued were you?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/grimsby-couple-save-teenager-in-lake-ontario-1.2647327

Archived