Thorold Rejects

bigugli

Welcome to Thorold lol. Glad I don't live there!! I have a friend there and in past 2 years car broken into 5 times and 2 times in his house. What's with people

Welcome to Thorold lol. Glad I don't live there!! I have a friend there and in past 2 years car broken into 5 times and 2 times in his house. What's with people

It does not seem to matter what town you are in any more. Beamsville is bad for car theft. Lots of break-ins in St Kitts, Welland, the Falls.

Only residential neighbourhoods with high income residents like NOTL and Fonthill get adequate police protection any more. There are always cops in Thorold, but the main focus seems to be policing the bars.

Gotta keep a sharp eye for the thieves out there . We noticed an unsavory character watching painter & I load up the trailer so the doors were locked between each trip after that . Too many people not working with too much time on their hands as jobs are still leaving the area . Today I heard that Bosch , a huge company , is investing billions in China , and a LOT of jobs will disappear here .....not good for our young folks & crime stats .....

Wow what a welcoming...exact same thing happened to me when i relocated into the downtown core of Cambridge. Kids looking for cash broke in my car. Then got propositioned by a prostitute all within the first week...drugs and less fortunate people out there that resort to this stuff to survive...pretty sad.

Both Judy & I went to Thorold High School . I really enjoyed those days and liked the city very much . There were about 5 paper mills & GM , plant 2 that employed many from Thorold . Most of those jobs are gone and , like Welland etc. the young people must leave or hang around corners doing nothing . How things can change over a few decades ! We need to lock up everything and use alarms & cameras to deter the thieves now ..... Sad .

was she any good? :slap:

Hahaha.....she was high as a kite, and Im not sure she had teeth. She flagged me down at 5:30 am on my way to work....thought she was in trouble or got kicked out of the house or something. When I locked up the breaks and rolled my window down to see if she was alright, I got the can I do you a favour? Are you on your way to work?? Looked like she'd been doing all night...hahah

These smaller towns need to invest more in there youth to help keep them off the streets and keep them busy. I lived in a bad as hamilton neighborhood as a child most of child hood friends are dealers or dead ( no eggaturation) the biggest reason I'm not involved in any of it was due to the local YMCA and group sports. Places like thorold and welland just aren't progressing. Still catering to a 1970s feel and not in the here and now.

Lack of jobs maybe one reason but lack of parenting plays a big part as well !!

Parents failure to instill integrity in their children is why some members of society go awry.

The child did not fail the parent.

The parent failed the child.

Responsibilty is such a tough pill to swallow.

I live in P.C. and may cars have been broken into atleast 5 times I know of in the 7 years I've been here. It seems everytime I forget to lock them someone goes in. 1 time they took about $4 in change but left my fishing pole and bag. Another time my wife's purse was in her car and they could $20 but left everyting else. That night there had been a light snowfall and there was footprints right from my neighbor's door. At the time my neighbour's grilfriend's son always had a bunch of kids over and one of them helped themselves. I told my neighbour about it and he offered me the money but I turned it down because I knew it wasn't him and he was a good neighbour otherwise. I always make sure my car is empty now.

The snow print would ID the little thief & a then a nice educational talk with him or his parents "might" do some good .

The snow print would ID the little thief & a then a nice educational talk with him or his parents "might" do some good .

In my experience those who steal their parents are much better

It does not seem to matter what town you are in any more. Beamsville is bad for car theft. Lots of break-ins in St Kitts, Welland, the Falls.

Only residential neighbourhoods with high income residents like NOTL and Fonthill get adequate police protection any more. There are always cops in Thorold, but the main focus seems to be policing the bars.

I live in Fonthill, lots of cops live here, but that didn't prevent my next door neighbor's house being broke into. Several years ago another neighbor woke up and found a guy in her living room wearing a balaclava carrying a crowbar just as her husband come home from the midnight shift.

I had my sons $150 head set stolen. The postal carrier mixed up the keys and I recived a pair of shoes I did not buy and returned them to the rightful owner. I still did not recive the turtle beach headphones ?

• 2 weeks later...

Crime happens everywhere it's just a bigger deal where you guys live because it's not overshadowed by the killings and such.like in the big cities

Same crap happens here just like in Hamilton.

For years Town of Lincoln was a hotspot for car theft. City punks would come out to steal cars for joy riding. One Hamilton minor got as far as Trenton. One of our cars got totaled as the punk was being chased running to Hamilton.

We have our share of drunken brawls, muggings and murders, albeit on many occasions the perps come from cities.

Parents failure to instill integrity in their children is why some members of society go awry.

The child did not fail the parent.

The parent failed the child.

Responsibilty is such a tough pill to swallow.

Sometimes it is generations of failures, which unfortunately creates the illusion of what is right. Sure we are a product of our environment, but everyone has the ability to break the cycle. The individual has to want to change.

Good ol self preservation ! I live in an upscale neighbourhood in welland and still keep a few " weapons" with in arms reach around the house ! Also got a big ol rottie roaming around lol he keeps the riff raff away!

Yep ! It's actually on the line between welland and fenwick ! Beleive me ill be back into the country I just moved here to have access and good availability to schools etc for my kids!

But other than that most of welland.... Well we will just leave it at that lol

I first lived on south Pelham for 4 years and my neighbours cars got busted into bunch times but I had a long driveway and shop outback where we would park our trucks plus surv./ rotti running around n never had any issues

Archived