The Ultimate Fly Tying Thread...

CCfly

Nice ties CC, I will post a few I have been working on need some pics...On a secondary note, the float rods going to be the secondary choice this year. Been busy gearing up for swinging. Picked up a nice little 2 seat fishcat13 for drifting, got my wife fitted yesterday with some simms headwaters and patigonia ultra lights...so shes all set. She actually is doing well with the switch rod. Attended a few tying sessions with Joe Penich, and Rob and Tama Clarke...so Im geared to get the swing mastered. Rick tells me Im casting great and I have learned to mend and shoot line...so its all coming together. Now to hook my first steelie on the spey rod !!! I,ll post up a few pics soon as I get some.

Here is a few Ive done recently, don't have enough experience with classic flys but have attemped a few. BTW, the float rod is my backup plan CC....LOL

No really, though...Im honestly going to work the spey rod this year. I have to find a way to fish away from my roe bag friends...that's the hard part !!!

20140309_211432_zps4ffdba34.jpg

20140309_211813_zps910e141f.jpg

20140309_211909_zps3303d51f.jpg

20140309_211951_zps7fdd48a7.jpg

20140309_230048_zps7e69a9f4.jpg

I should really get some tying done. I also want to do some swinging with my new (to me) single hand rod. I have done a few marabou spey flies, but I need to get some variety of colours and sizes done. Then get swinging.

Especially because I just found out that we're having twins this summer... so I've to to make this spring count!

Love to see you back Cornelius!

here is a little steamer I've been tying lately!

It's basically just a black ghost style streamer but with all Marabou.

2014-03-10%2021.44.38_zpszh9fqdol.jpg

And with Negative colors just for fun! Can't let the teenage girls have all the fun with the effects filters.

PSX_20140310_215012_zpslywhbctp.jpg

I have tied this in sizes 4 to 10, and in a plethora of different colours.

Thanks man!! That you in the photo...furry hibernation pic...hahahaaa

I should really get some tying done. I also want to do some swinging with my new (to me) single hand rod. I have done a few marabou spey flies, but I need to get some variety of colours and sizes done. Then get swinging.

Especially because I just found out that we're having twins this summer... so I've to to make this spring count!

CONGRATS TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my fingers crossed for a good birth for you and your wife. Get your time on the water in NOW...you're current life is soon to end.

B)

and yeah purple and white is a sweet colour combo!

I have a bunch of natural Turkey. lt is black with a green hue, I normally tie them with just a touch of white!

Its a full out assault on the brookies this spring! I got a sweet new 4wt this season

Last one for a while...

come on post 'em up...

Craiger, where the hell are you man...

blueDEEsm_zps8ca5294e.jpg

I love the sparsity and how the majority of the material is below the hook shank. Its definitely giving me ideas for my own tying.

Question, does it swim hook point up or down? Thanks.

That last ones really nice cc. Post the recipe for it and ill give it a shot.Thats going to swim hook down ihasfish. Thats pretty simalar to a lady caroline with some colour changes. What you using for the wing cc? Really like how you have the wing proportioned and laying right down to the hook. I guess its all in the strokin....to get those barbels down?

Hey guys...well, as I said, 19th. C. patterns are haunting me for some reason. iHas, it will swim hook down; one of the tricks is to lay the turkey wings down flat. I'm a tad heavy on the hackle but will tie another version to give you a better sense.

Recipe to come Dave...and the learning curve you ask????? :wall:

The hackle looks fine to me...i know for sure that thing will hook fish. Almost looks too good to get wet...lol

recipe:

tag: tinsel

tail: GP crest, and tippet

body: dubbing

rib: tinsel and asian cokk

body: black dubbing and oval french

hackle: P rump

collar: guinea

wings: turkey

cokk

whip

That's it Dave...good luck

The morality filter makes using terms such as jungle c@ck a challenge...so excuse the spelling :blahblah1:

Very nice !! Question for you. With the eyes, ive seen them tied up, down, and paralell. Whats the reasoning or determining factor on that?