The Ultimate Fly Tying Thread...

CCfly

http://flymart.ca/default.aspx?ctl=ctl_ec_product&category_id=170&product_id=2283

its an excellent product. I use the large size on my long pike and musky streamers.... not even those fish tear them apart.

As far as local retailers..... there is one store in kitchener that has some stock every once and a while but Ive never had any luck with them.

hey boys nice flies--can post pics without photo bucket...?

Yeh you need a site that hosts your pictures schnipster. Photo bucket is one of the many. Then use the tool bar to link the picture. If you have done it right the picture will appear instantly or in preview before you post.

Nice tye cc....wish i could do the wings as nice as those. Watched Joe penich and he makes it look so easy....forgot everything after i left the demo. I am finding that buying the select feathers makes a huge differance.

Nice tye cc....wish i could do the wings as nice as those. Watched Joe penich and he makes it look so easy....forgot everything after i left the demo. I am finding that buying the select feathers makes a huge differance.

An acquired skill...10,000 hr rule...building the first few roofs is despair :wall:

You'll get the hang of it...my tying speed has decreased enormously...often a matter of 1/16 of an inch adjustment. Look at a LOT of classics to internalize dimensions, balance, scale, etc. Where you cinch your thread differs with wing style also.

Well ,you sure must have a keen eye because it looks darn good to me. You must have one packed out fly box. I need another box, mines jammed full and my sling packs foam fly insert is full. Was on the US side on the weekend, Catt and 18m are locked up solid at the bottom. The top stretches are worse Ive ever seen flooded badly and tons of ice and choc milk...kiss it goodbye for quite awhile. Burt and Oak the only fishable waters over there. Cant wait for the grand to clear...Im ready to give it my best this year. Im getting steel on the swing if I have to stay out morning til night.

Hahaha....just send me pictures of your flies and the recipes. Opening a photo bucket account is a big challange...lol. if i dont post them that means they are not photo worthy...lol. Hey cc i think hes only here to leech or his flies are no good? What do you think? Lol.

dave all of the above was a compliment BTW--and he is right i am a bit strong headed but i do play well with others..one we are on the water..PS hitting the water this sunday if anyone wanst to feed a few streamers to some gators.

also started a new thread for just plain nonsense chatter--sorry for hijacking your thread with the unrelated...