What Are The Conditions Of The Upper

Bow Man

What are the conditions of the upper right now? Is it fishable? Any body have some pics. Looking to head out around the train bridge area.

Cheers and thanks.

I am 200 ft away from the train bridge right now. Its clear except some ice burgs floating by randomly. I have seen a few boats out, don't know what they have caught, or how they have done. No wind, still a chill in the air. Nichols dock is in. Be very careful if you go, obviously. The boom isn't coming out till may, maybe even late may apparently.

I am 200 ft away from the train bridge right now. Its clear except some ice burgs floating by randomly. I have seen a few boats out, don't know what they have caught, or how they have done. No wind, still a chill in the air. Nichols dock is in. Be very careful if you go, obviously. The boom isn't coming out till may, maybe even late may apparently.

Cheers.

If the boom is coming out in late May this will screw the trout fishing on the lower...

You kind of lost me as to why it will mess up the trout fishing on the lower??

Hey Midas69er, I think we talked today by the railway bridge, if you get your boat out tomorrow, give us a report!

Sorry man not me, I have a fibreglass boat and I won't risk it till there are no more floaters lol

• 2 weeks later...

The ice will take all month to come down the river and the water temperatures in the Eastern basin of the lake are very cold...We are four weeks behind.

I was out tonight. When I launched this afternoon I was marking fish but had to come in right away. Went back out after dinner with gear all fixed up and it was like all the fish vacated the area by the bakery and Nicholl's. Only marked a couple the whole time I was out there.

Jesus it was like summer on Friday until 4:30 and the clouds rolled in. Bloody cool today and there's an southeast wind. Hopefully it straightens out before morning.

Water was stained so just perfect for troutin. Saw a cray rainbow right off the wall by the Peace Brige today jumping continuously from 3 feet of water :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard the bite from shore at night for Walleye is good, using the right stuff. Water looks to be in good shape a little dirty due the rain but should be clear by the weekend, unless the sky's open up again. There is a guy down there that runs a little shop, he can help to let you know what is biting. I usually stop in there real quick before I head out just to get the report, and lets face it we always need that one thing before you head out anyway. Good luck, hopefully you will see me and my brigade (kids) out there this weekend too!

• 3 weeks later...

Spent a few hrs out along Nichols the other night. Managed a few sheepshead and also a beauty walleye. From my experience so far the perch haven't moved in and no silver bass for that matter despite the millions of minnows in the area. This time last year we were hitting nice perch every time out both from shore and on the boat but this season it's a mystery. If walleye is what your after then I can't help, we usually troll the lake for them. Best of luck.

Bill

Water temp (surface) - 61+F

Water clarity - 4-6 feet. Little blown in.

Lots of snot out there.

Spent 3 hours on the US side. We boated 7 Lm bass. Didn't see any beds, but water was dirty...they may have been deeper but out visible range. Lots of cruisers, in the shallows but easily spooked. Most fish came on trick worms, deadsticking, then lifting around spars lilypads and grass. Too much snot for jerks and cranks.

Spotted some healthy pike and musky.

Archived