Morel Hunting?

spiro

Does anyone hunt Morels in the spring, I love to cook with them and am looking for a partner in crime to go looking for the tasty little devils. Post here or PM me if you are interested in going foraging.

Mike

Hey "Spiro"...while at work today I managed to come across some huge patches of Wild Leeks...I really wasn't looking for Morels but understand that they are commonly found together?..(or at least the same habitat).. I'm going back there to harvest some Leeks..and will let you know if I see any Morels..PM me if you would like to know location...you might want to check it out for yourself as I am no expert on Mushroom hunting...but would love to try them..especially with some Wild Turkey and Wild Leeks..

• 4 weeks later...

Been twice nothing found yet, but the last couple years I have only come home with one or two. Just rained like crazy I am hoping there will be some out, try the trails along the canal. They like fallen wood, elm or apple. Good luck.

Nice haul, I wish my spot produced like that... One year it did , this year however nada....

Archived