Help Please...looking For.....smaller....

Bow Man

Good day all, I was hoping some of you could help me out. I would like to get out and fish some small rivers and streams ( for trout ). Just recently bought a nice light setup.

But I really don't know of many spots! I know about the Grand and that is about all. Please if any one could just give me some general info on some area's. Any where in the Niagara region is good. I live in Stoney Creek and will travel 1 hr in any direction.

I am not asking for any of your "honey" holes just a point in the right direction. If you prefer you can PM me instead.

I really appreciate and help.

Cheers Bow Man

Credit river. Erindale park in Mississauga

iHasFish, you're selling out my backyard. As mentioned in the other thread, I know that spot is not top secret, but would you mind just putting it in a PM next time? Being from that general vicinity, I kind of feel morally responsible for that watershed which is why I am respectfully asking you not to advertise it in the public forums.

There's enough hosers tossing beer cans and disregarding the strict regs. The intensive stocking programs are an effort to restore that watershed as close to its natural state as possible. If the stocking programs fail, become too costly, or the watershed is abused through over fishing, garbage, ect, they may very well shut it down to the angling public. There has been talk of doing so. Just saying.

Bowman, I know you're not a hoser and respectful. Same with you iHasFish, but when it comes to trout streams, that's something that should be kept out of the eye of lurkers. You wouldn't want me to blab all the holes in your backyard to the world at large, would you?

With all due respect, please put this information in PMs. Especially when it comes to sensitive species or watersheds.

iHasFish, you're selling out my backyard. As mentioned in the other thread, I know that spot is not top secret, but would you mind just putting it in a PM next time? Being from that general vicinity, I kind of feel morally responsible for that watershed which is why I am respectfully asking you not to advertise it in the public forums.

There's enough hosers tossing beer cans and disregarding the strict regs. The intensive stocking programs are an effort to restore that watershed as close to its natural state as possible. If the stocking programs fail, become too costly, or the watershed is abused through over fishing, garbage, ect, they may very well shut it down to the angling public. There has been talk of doing so. Just saying.

Bowman, I know you're not a hoser and respectful. Same with you iHasFish, but when it comes to trout streams, that's something that should be kept out of the eye of lurkers. You wouldn't want me to blab all the holes in your backyard to the world at large, would you?

With all due respect, please put this information in PMs. Especially when it comes to sensitive species or watersheds.

So how do you find your spots in Niagara....

Every body of water is in someone's backyard. They all deserve respect. That said, the Credit, Ganny, Niagara, are anything but secret honey holes. In fact, all 3 are home to some of the worst gong fests I have ever witnessed

Find a river that flows into lake ontario and bingo, trout waters.

Even some of the smaller creeks ... just be very mindful of the regs for the areas as there is the potential it could be a sanctuary.

Some will hold trout a lot longer and potentially year round.

Unfortunately most information shared on the topic of trout will be very vague as peole are protective of their trout spots since they are often accessable by anyone and no special access is needed (such as a boat).

Find a river that flows into lake ontario and bingo, trout waters.

Even some of the smaller creeks ... just be very mindful of the regs for the areas as there is the potential it could be a sanctuary.

Some will hold trout a lot longer and potentially year round.

Unfortunately most information shared on the topic of trout will be very vague as peole are protective of their trout spots since they are often accessable by anyone and no special access is needed (such as a boat).

Thank you i understand people not wanting to give up specfics, i am not asking that i just need some "general" info to start me in the right direction.

cheers.

I agree...the rivers mentioned are no secret honey holes. And yes they are a gong show through most of the year. All it takes to find decent water to fish is legwork....all the "Park and Fish" spots are for those who are too lazy to do the legwork. I have spent many hours driving side roads and concession roads using google earth and getting excercise to find places. Places like erindale are not my choice to fish unless its mid week...even then not my choice. As mentioned any river or creek flowing into any of the great lakes...as well as creeks is the place to start. MNR and DEC websites have all the info you need...other than the legwork. Goodluck!!

Every body of water is in someone's backyard. They all deserve respect. That said, the Credit, Ganny, Niagara, are anything but secret honey holes. In fact, all 3 are home to some of the worst gong fests I have ever witnessed

I respect your point. Of course the Credit is no secret. But being specific as to where to park and access it kind of makes it too easy for the lurking non-members to take without giving back and continues to perpetuate the d-baggery that goes on the river banks. In my opinion at least.

Point is, I agree general vicinities should be shared amongst us, but there is some discretion to be had and some things are better put in a private message. I would never dream of posting publicly where to park and access your backyard holes.

I live on Lake Erie. Stay off it. Lol. This is a family fishing web site where we share info The credit is not untouched by any means. It's actually a zoo. Share we will. That's what keeps us anglers close and we meet great fishing friends because of it

Please tell us about those brookie streams you like so much! ;):P (I Keed Of Course!)

. Not a problem with me. The saugeen highlands and their Tribs. :)

I live on Lake Erie. Stay off it. Lol. This is a family fishing web site where we share info The credit is not untouched by any means. It's actually a zoo. Share we will. That's what keeps us anglers close and we meet great fishing friends because of it

Fair enough.

Just understand why certain rivers become the zoos they are. If we can just continue to make John Q. Public think only Salmon run through there a couple times of year, then the other, more prized species in the other parts of the watershed might stand a chance.

**Edit: Just wanted to point out, no where did I imply to stay off the Credit. Haha hoho lolz. I am just saying lets not advertise bookies and where to park and access... you know the stuff that lurkers that are not board members really want to know.

Oh well, my point is mute if I have to spell it out for a third time.

Thank you everyone for all the help and a big thanks to those who sent me some PM's.

I greatly appreciate it all.

Sorry if this topic caused a heated debate, i was not asking for everyone to just post up spots and locations. I am just a gentlemen looking to catch some wonderful trout and needed a little guidance in my pursuit.

again thank you.

not to worry bow man.

this kind of short circuit talks,,,,, never gets old.

someone will ask,,,

someone will answer,,,

and someone will always try to protect his/her territory from intruders / logans / fellow fishermen..

then someone will order the leg work,,

someone will defend what they defended was right,,

someone will be upset while someone will be laughing loud out,,

and someone will ask: "if I wasn't gonna share fishing related info what am I doing in here?

then some talks about ethics and etiquettes,, :blahblah1:

someone will take it too personally,,

argument goes towards harsh languages and,,,

admin lucks the thread. :slap:

Guys guys please,,, lets stay in the zone. :wall:

Wow. What a thread. The funny thing is that with all of the trout streams that have(or haven't) been mentioned, a quick google search of "trout steam access point" will give you hundreds of hits just in southern Ontario. More anglers on the water means more money spent into our economy, more awareness of the natural world and increased conservation efforts due to this awareness.

Stop being a Scrooge McDuck by hording all your spots (which really aren't "your" spots).

Wow. What a thread. The funny thing is that with all of the trout streams that have(or haven't) been mentioned, a quick google search of "trout steam access point" will give you hundreds of hits just in southern Ontario. More anglers on the water means more money spent into our economy, more awareness of the natural world and increased conservation efforts due to this awareness.

Stop being a Scrooge McDuck by hording all your spots (which really aren't "your" spots).

Keep off the Credit, iHasFish! Keep off the Credit! It's mine! mine! mine! mine! mine! :P I marked my territory with beer cans and rapala boxes to warn you turkeys off! ;)

Bow man, **PM** me. I'll give you access spots and lure selection for gems that get little traffic in my backyard.

Edit: I mean that sincerely.

Archived