Jordan Cat

GMGraham

Finally got out on my new kayak yesterday (Old Town Vapor 12XT Angler). My buddy was testing his new go pro camera and we managed to get a picture of this nice cat I caught on a spinner! This is the second time I've caught a large cat on a spinner. Caught one the same way in the same spot this time last year.

Such a fun fight in the kayak.

They were also hitting the Alewife cut bait, but I only had the one I found floating around from the shore and lost both pieces to something big...didn't set the hook...twice.

(Pictures are not the greatest, had to crop and zoom...they were taken from the mounted GoPro)

AwDw9Ry.jpg

FUdpFhN.jpg

Nice pussy cat ! I hope to get out in the canoe soon & fish for them . They hit our crank baits while casting along the shore last year & they like the old frozen smelts . Others were using worms under a float & catching big cats . Did you notice a lot of bait fish breaking the surface ? The gulls & terns were having a frenzy over them . I dragged my rubber landing net from the docks & caught an alewife . ....lots of bait fish in there !

Ya the gulls and terns where scooping the bait fish up like crazy. I was hoping to net some more alewifes but the birds where all over them. Seen a lot of dead ones along the shore and on the docks. They are really great bait for cats.

I was casting a small spinner into the shore when this one struck...I was pretty surprised to get one on a spinner again, pulled me around for a bit.

It's my favorite place to paddle and fish down here for sure.

Archived