Tell Me What Do You Think This Is From

gunner-2

NO it's not black bear there is no bear in simcoe just for you guys that don't know simcoe is not up north

it's about 1 hour from dunnville we are not sure and may sound funny cause there not around hear

neither or not supposed to be

that poop most definitely looks like a cougar's from pictures I have seen .... can't be a bear, the scrapes are too low...look like 3 feet off ground max .... send the pics to the mnr with the location...I am sure they would investigate... I'd like to know...

I agree with johny. Send em to the mnr with as much detail as possible on location. Scat could be coyote.

the tree damage was done by a cat. Very similar to how a housecat would scratch something.

that poop most definitely looks like a cougar's from pictures I have seen .... can't be a bear, the scrapes are too low...look like 3 feet off ground max .... send the pics to the mnr with the location...I am sure they would investigate... I'd like to know...

Yes i agree the scratch marks seem right height

I agree with johny. Send em to the mnr with as much detail as possible on location. Scat could be coyote.

the tree damage was done by a cat. Very similar to how a housecat would scratch something.

That does sound like the best thing the scat was found about 50 yrd away from the tree but it could be coyote

could it be antlers marks

How high are the scratches above ground? A buck's will be low with his head down a bit while a cat or bear will be standing on hind feet and the scratching will be fairly high up. If most of the scratching is below 3 feet off the ground I would say a buck, a large cat would reach up to 6 feet or more.

photo by Jer is defintely a buck, quite low to ground.

Archived