I'm Baaaack!

ron4blues

After a long hiaitus, brought on by a string of technical issues, I'm finally back! Many thanks to Dave and Cliff for the help.

I haven't been wetting the line as much as I'd like lately, but with a new 4 weight en-route to complement my 7 and 10 I hope to rectify that soon.

Been tying though! As soon as I get a chance I'll throw some pics up.

In the meantime, what is new with everyone?

It's nice to see you back Coach ! And thanks to our savvy techo's Cliffc & Dave for helping out . I'm semi grounded due to gut problems , but I hope to get out more in the fall . The old body doesn't like the summer heat and sunshine . I like to pick the cooler days , even if it rains . I had a ball catching some big carp in June .....what fun you could have with a fly rod there and tangle with a 25 lb. carp . The do have an attitude and refuse to give in easily ! Good fishing Coach , and lets see some of those flies ! B)

Glad your back coach...need someone to spur this forum. Was going to hit the grand this morning only to find out it was choc milk and way up. Never got a drop here but it poured down in Guelph. I tied up a bunch of flies as well...just have to post them up. Ive been helping out with trout unlimited middle grand chapter and been enjoying working alongside Larry Mellors and the retired Larry Halyk. Done some work on some feeder creeks and experienced electro fishing...that was cool. We have lots planned with this new chapter and all work days are week days...so thats great. I like to be around people who really do care for our resources and you can never educate yourself enough. My wife is doing absolutely amazing spey casting...like she was born to be a spey caster. Great to have your better half along side to have some fun with...we throw the digs back and forth...lol. good fun!!! Shes got better gear than i do....i dont care how much it costs to get her out there...worth it. Look forward to your pics coach.

Archived