October-Salmon River Trip

schnipster

anyone interested in making this an outing? just throwing it out there--if you havent been --your missing out on a FANTASTIC steel and trout fishery--beautiful and relatively close. one night stay will be mandatory...if anyonw is interested speak up and we will get round up the troops

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother and I, and possibly one other guy might be interested depending on date. They are float guys though...so you never mention if that's ok or not?

i love the fly however--as long as nobody brings WWII grenades ...we cool HAHAHA no seriously doesnt matter as long as we have a good time and catch fish--my buddy and i will talk its his bday trip so...stay tuned boys

I know the Salmon river has "fly only" sections was why i asked. Do you have places in mind schip for accomadations? I might elect to stay a friday night/ sat night in order to get two full days of fishing in. We are down for this for sure...we had already talked about doing it this year for sure. Be great if we could get a group going, even if we dont all fish elbow to elbow. Id like to try the fly section as well as drift some beads if thats not going too well. Great idea if this goes!!!

dave shady is correct man--tons of places i cant remember where we stayed last year but i believe it was a comfort inn...cheap --awesome---the only advantage to the fly only sections is that there is not 1000000000000000 people casting every 11 feet. however there are some great "public" spots that rock ---bring a fly rod in case you may want to fish without toucing another mans shoulders all day and getting hit in the face with 36 kilo sacks of roe on a size 2 tarpon hook HAHAHAHAHA

Dave,

There are lots of places to sleep and NY is cheap!

Yeh i know, we did overnighter in Newfane 4 of us and it was dirt cheap and included a kitchenette. Ive never been to the salmon river though so i dont know the area at all. I did see that video that was going around for a while of that lady who charges to fish her property and someone fishing the opposite side of the river....did anyone see that with the two women duking it out?? Im sure there is plenty of places there to fish. Seen all the comedy before in Ollcott NY....with the shark rods and 50 lb braid...lol. Schip the fly section will be all hunting and camo gear fly guys drifting roe bags...lol. ive found our US brothers to be very friendly though. Get some dates down though so we can plan it.

Hoping to make it out too. Keep me in the loop R... Shnip.

David maybe carpool from Stoney c if I can make it ? Don't bring anything banned from USA this time.

Yeh right....lol. I will probably be riding with 2 other guys....so room would be an issue. You wont be able to go anyway because you'll be babysitting...hahaha. You best start treating your wife like a lady now....lol. take her shopping and stuff and bring her some flowers leading up to saying ohhhh btw...i had this fishing trip planned...lol.

George, I think he knows you....good guy, fished with him before. Just had a new baby, so his fishing days are numbered..hahaha

Im finally back in Ontario boys :)

Im down to head out that way this fall...

Might even hit a couple PA streams too!

Matt got married last week, Im hoping hes game to do alot of driving this fall. If not Im gonna need some guys split gas with!

Welcome back Josh...schipsters looking after setting a date and if we get enough interest be a good time. I will bring my switch rod and my float gear. They have a fly only section so im interested in giving that a go. Just picked up a new sage gish 1106 im wanting to try out as well. I plan on staying fri/sat nights myself. Im going regardless but be nice if we can get a group going.

Anything except thanksgiving weekend....border traffic is a nightmare on that weekend.

Just wondering one thing? are the boots almost done by then? I am hoping to fish steelies and not zombies...lol. Was looking at a few pictures of the river and it lined with salmon slayers...lol. Id rather do this when the salmon are done...otherwise its elbow to elbow idiots. Has anyone fished it to know better the times to go? I assume best times are when hunting season opens...lol

I don't go to the states till hunting season starts lol. I have only fished Olcott ny though. Believe it's the 18 mile creek.

I don't care about shoulder to shoulder it's still fishing. Sure it's better to be away from the crowed.

I don't go to the states till hunting season starts lol. I have only fished Olcott ny though. Believe it's the 18 mile creek.

I don't care about shoulder to shoulder it's still fishing. Sure it's better to be away from the crowed.

agreed. i have fished the 18 before and after hunting season. il now only be fishing after hunting season. the fishing is phenomenal though.

this is my fvourite video of the salmon river salmon run

favourite quote is "fish on, right in the mouth".

its an unreal run but its busy.

Archived