October-Salmon River Trip

schnipster

hey, you guys have not seen it enough...the famous one liner is "GOOD HOOK" anywhere in the head is considered good hook...lol. Oh ya...good on the smoker...lol. Seen people carry out 10lb browns for the smoker. Black boots are the target species though...lol. Its as though some of our US brothers are just not educated to eating a decaying dieing fish. A smaller fish or fresh run fish sure...but Im talking salmon that are jet black with white patches...lol. You could film a whole episode of funniest home videos at 18mile burt dam. Great fishing.....but forget about it until the slayers go hunting.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

agreed. i have fished the 18 before and after hunting season. il now only be fishing after hunting season. the fishing is phenomenal though.

this is my fvourite video of the salmon river salmon run

favourite quote is "fish on, right in the mouth".

its an unreal run but its busy.

key is to be where thegoons dont go anymore--a littlecolder and the crowds thin out

Myself and 2 others are still interested....would prefer going when the boots are done though.

Where do you sign? At the top of the sheet....lol your organizing this...lol. Then you sign me right under your name....lol. Seriously though...i have never been there before so i have no clue on places to stay or anything like that. I guess confirmation of the dates and start a list of names going and we only want names on the list of those going for sure. If we get enough guys we might get a better deal on rooms...but thats only a possibility.

super 8 motel pulaski NY its a peach boys

https://www.google.ca/search?q=super+8+motel+pulaski+ny&rlz=1C1KMZB_enCA544CA562&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Bxr-U9etKoLC8AHTpICoCw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1600&bih=767

here are some pics to show the wife so she doesnt think your at the "pleasure dome" lol

all good in the hood man--it will be good times all around--fishing license is like 17 dollars if i remember correctly....by the way the hotel cost like 100 bucks ...lets nail down a date first and them move to the honeymoon stage after...lol

I suggested the 15th of Nov....but maybe later is better. You guys decide. Then we can start a list of names going.

15th works for me...will bring couple friends and book a room to split. Super8 is ok with me.

DaveC + 2 Friends, and one room. We are going to drive ourselves...float and fly fish and meet anywhere.

Lets get a deadline date say oct 15th of positive number of people.

a side note--if my buddy isnt coming i may want to hop in with someone--i have a sports car and it sucks as it hold nothing but my fat arse and a few good CDs....i am sure this will work out maybe tyler???

Dave C +2

The schnipster +1

Archived