October-Salmon River Trip

schnipster

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going For sure but only Friday morning till Saturday afternoon. I'm busy Saturday night. I'm going to leave early Friday morning n start fishing when I get there. Hopefully already have a couple under my belt by the time u guys Get there.

in town its a gong show every day--up river there are places to cast---its never gonna be empty but we should be ok--i hope the weather is crap cause that cuts the number of idiots way down. if it is crowded most pinners are used to fishing like that so it should be ok--just spey casting may be an issue..either way we will have some laughs---

Been asking some questions and there is no way or need to pay to fish. Im not at least. Been told if you walk in from any parking lot and walk up you can find good places without crowds. Fish are spread out all the way through the river....and tend not to hold in what you would think are typical holding spots. Ive been told to work the faster water more. Well find fish away from the crowds hopefully.

I will be leaving from Mississauga @ 10:30 friday morning and taking the 401 towards kingston. Well have some fun guys and really thats what its all about. Schnip....make sure you pack a lunch...lol. No time for food....lol. Been told not to undergun on your main and leader lines....depending on flow these fish use the current to thier advantage. Been told everything from beads to blue bags to 1/64 oz white jigs for the stair case run. I will float and spey. Anyone wants to meet somewhere along the way let me know.

I will txt you guys my us phone number. If any you guys have a unlocked phone and fish stateside a lot Roam mobilty has cheap plans...sim card is $20 lasts forever long as you top up once a year. Day plans with 400 meg data talk/ txt Can/Us calling for like $4.00 day.

I'm hoping to be fishing at 10:30 Friday morning as I'm only staying till sat around 11:00am so gotta get as much time on water as possible.

Good Tyler, hopefully you can find some good water before we get there. You know where we are staying right? We will find ya...

Wish I could leave earlier but Im starting work early in order to leave work early. So we wont get there until after 3:00 likely.

i am leeting andrew for around 2 pm so we will be there around 530 or 6--gotta get a new 8wt line, fishing permit and hit ponderosa(not an option) and then get to bed for an early start.---tyler good luck in the morning out there..if you get a fish before we get there please do not take a picture HAHAHAHAHA

i am leeting andrew for around 2 pm so we will be there around 530 or 6--gotta get a new 8wt line, fishing permit and hit ponderosa(not an option) and then get to bed for an early start.---tyler good luck in the morning out there..if you get a fish before we get there please do not take a picture HAHAHAHAHA

Good luck with leaving at 2:00 and getting there by 5:30 6:00.. What are you flying man? Its a 6 hr drive plus if you dont stop along the way. Yes Tyler...hes talking a ny state license. Im hoping to be there by 5:00 pm....gets dark early so well see. Dont know where we can meet but we are at the Super8. I can pm you my us phone number?

dave--from markham its 4.5 hours--its six hours on horseback...float guys eh,,,,always messing up the pool HHAHA

dave if you tie me a few of those little whit things i will toss you a pro tied egg slash lady amherst streamer--tested it on the weekend at a certain wasaga trib---holy crap it was like the niagara- i was the only one on the water--in the snow--in a pro dry warm as a kitten by the way.

on google its 3 hours and 52 minutes to be exact but i will givea bit of time for bladder drainage and wendys..lol

dave--from markham its 4.5 hours--its six hours on horseback...float guys eh,,,,always messing up the pool HHAHA

dave if you tie me a few of those little whit things i will toss you a pro tied egg slash lady amherst streamer--tested it on the weekend at a certain wasaga trib---holy crap it was like the niagara- i was the only one on the water--in the snow--in a pro dry warm as a kitten by the way.

on google its 3 hours and 52 minutes to be exact but i will givea bit of time for bladder drainage and wendys..lol

No problem....make sure you tie some of those salmon river gift. I tied a dozen of the white ones. Bunch of egg patterns and every colour of bead in the rainbow...lol. i bought a couple of intermediate poly leaders and tied a few flys weighted. Morning i will float then swing the afternoon. I will txt you my us number later.

Archived