October-Salmon River Trip

schnipster

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fished the salmon river in shannonville couple yrs ago while I was at the racetrack there. Only fished for a couple minutes as my buddy's didn't fish. Seen some black n white boots swimming around in front of a small dam.

i cross in kingston.. up until a week ago i lived in markham--i now reside 10 minutes from the headwaters of the C.....i will say your way around seems to e more slamm towns and such--401 is cool runnings

ya the 401 looks like it would be better then driving through the cities the whole way

My brother DaveC is a nice guy! Invited me on this all expense paid trip. He said he'll even tie my roe bags,lol, just to show him the ropes! Just kidding around. I've never been before, but I think the later fall we go the better. All the loogans are usually off the water from what I've read. Another option may be to stay at the DSR. $60 a person a night which includes your pass to their private water. I believe at that time of year they only allow 60 people a day to fish it. May be worth looking at. Ill find a link and post it.

Cheers,

Larry

P.s wish I saw this thread earlier. With all the back and forth posts I could have got my 20 in so the other boards open up, lol!

I would like to go on friday night, fish sat and maybe part of Sunday morning. For me, its closer to cross in Niagara distance wise. That and the genesee river is on the way. Reading up, the salmon river is not the greatest river for steelhead numbers of fish comparative to other ny tribs. Not been, so cant confirm that. In any case, be good to meet up and have a few drinks and do some fishing with a group of us. I know some guys want to cross on the eastern side via 401, but for me and other western lake on guys going stateside is a shorter drive. Schnip you have any info on the fall fishing??? Spots or what do you think of dsr?? I will swing flies if there is space, but i plan to bring float rod as well. We can figure out rides and directions as it gets closer....oh, and the big fish pool as well....lol. if there is anyone.else interested in going who needs a ride put your name down and we can try to work it out somehow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so andrew and myself are leaving thursday night. this is the weekend of the 15th of November- as agreed the loogans will have passed through town for the most part...so we will book hotel shortly and let you guys know where--trust that i will shop for the best bang for the buck-

I will be coming...im going to stay fri/sat nights. Let us know what you find for accomadations. I might book the friday off and leave early morning.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so we are full bore on this one

so far there are going to be two rooms at this hotel, i have stayrd there before and its clean, new and they service enough food for free in the AM --

http://www.super8.com/hotels/new-york/pulaski/super-8-pulaski/hotel-overview

i will be booking the room asap..dave get on it...if you guys want to wait to see what floor i get---lol

hotwire.com has these rooms for 110..awesome deal.

friday early afternoon--comin back sunday

there are 4 rooms left from what i have been told..could be sales tactic but i aint risking it....

this place is right in the heart of the action--fat nancys 24 hour fly shop is down street, ponderosa all you can eat and whittakers fly shop and the river is minutes away....arbys heart attack across road-mc pukes, and a dunkin donuts that has had the same eclaire on the shelf since dave played varsity ball...

So we would be on the road by 1:00 Friday afternoon...then Stay Friday Nov 14, and Sat Nov 15th, coming back sunday. Its $211 US for both nights total, which includes Breakfast.

Done....Im booked. Splitting a room with my brother. Tyler, if you don't have anyone to share a room with you can stay in ours, so it be 1/3 cost ea.

Archived